Advice on training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephib

Reaction score
I have recently opened my own salon however I am only trained in nails and spray tanning. I have another therapist working for me who does waxing, massage, facials, tinting and party lashes....I am looking for other areas to train in! Should I train in waxing for example when I already have someone that can do it? Or focus on something new? And if so what? What does everyone find to be really popular? I know it depends on the area but appreciate different ideas!

Do you ever turn away customers as you can't perform certain treatments and your other therapist is already booked?

I don't think you can go wrong with the basic skills in a salon i.e. waxing, nails but only you know if you're frequently being asked for services that neither of you can offer.

Whatever you go for make sure it's something that you think you'll enjoy doing.

I would focus in the cost effective treatments for example an eyebrow n underarm wax n full Brazilian will take u around 45 mins in that time I charge £7 brows £12underarms and £22 Brazilian so ?41 for 45mins work. Manicures etc it's like £20 for an hours work. I would get more training for a time people may leave or be off ill but look at what is mostly in demanded in your salon and then the cost effectiveness. In the long run it's better to have all training but start with the better stuff in your salon.
:)

Latest posts

Back