Advice on underhand colleague

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenT59

Reaction score
As the title says. Iv shared my experience in another thread but having increasing difficulty. Work part time, evenings and wknds alongside a full time worker.
I am beauty/holistic/spiritual trained. She beauty and nails trained. Initially I was meant to start and 2 wks ltr she started, as she hadn't completed her short courses yet. (She Has only been training in beauty from October) I've been qualified for 4 yrs.
I then went to start & coincidentally she did too on the same day, despite being unable to carry out treatments. I asked if she would consider using same pricing leaflets, she said no...my business started to pick up and she was quiet. I introduced gd deals and had interest. She then approaches asks for same leaflets and cards etc..says it's less confusing. I agree as I'm trying to be encouraging and now in last wk she has taken in much more business as a result...I'm not in during day to plug myself. She is not mentioning my skills or evening availability and she has not started to book ppl in for herself on my time & has used my equipment. Iv worked full time while trying to qualify and have plummed so much effort and money into this. I'm so frustrated that she has spent a few months training which has been funded by parents, to get in a door that iv been building up to for yrs! And I'm feeling frankly quite deflated. We are only open about just 2 months and I know it's early days but I don't hv the money or luxury of relying on parents and her underhand redness is causing me stress and lack of profit... Has anyone had experience of this?

Ps sorry for the rant

Well she's certainly taking advantage. She may be unaware of this or ignoring it thinking you get your own clients in in the evenings. Why don't you sit her down and explain all these issues with her? Explain you're supposed to be helping each other out and not working against one another.
If that fails, take back your offer and plug the fact you are more experienced and offer better deals. Play her at her own game. First things first, you need to talk to her xxx

Well she's certainly taking advantage. She may be unaware of this or ignoring it thinking you get your own clients in in the evenings. Why don't you sit her down and explain all these issues with her? Explain you're supposed to be helping each other out and not working against one another.
If that fails, take back your offer and plug the fact you are more experienced and offer better deals. Play her at her own game. First things first, you need to talk to her xxx

Thankyou for the advice;-) spoke to her about booking appointments on my time. Explained if she were to so this there would be no position for me there. She accepted this and says its a one off. I have also flagged this up with the manager who agreed that we should be sticking to agreed times. Iv also decided to come in a few hrs extra either starting an hr early or opening another evening too.

Latest posts

Back