Advice on which semi permanent colour to cover grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melhayes69

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new client that has asked me for a colour wash, she wants to cover her greys and remain at about a base 9. What brand would anyone suggest for good grey coverage using a semi or should I use a demi permanent. She only wants a semi (upto 12 washes) but I have never used a semi before to cover grey, I always use a Demi especially on light bases. Any advice would be helpful.

Hi, I have a new client that has asked me for a colour wash, she wants to cover her greys and remain at about a base 9. What brand would anyone suggest for good grey coverage using a semi or should I use a demi permanent. She only wants a semi (upto 12 washes) but I have never used a semi before to cover grey, I always use a Demi especially on light bases. Any advice would be helpful.
Most semis don't offer grey coverage, but I think wella colour fresh covers up to 30%.
If not could you just do a quasi /demi and just use a regular shade and not intense coverage?

A semi won't last 12 washes because the colour molecules sit on the outside of the cuticle scales so will wash out within half that time so I think she’s confusing a semi with a demi/quasi.
As @ronray says, a demi will be much better but but it depends on the percentage of grey and whether they are resistant greys.

Thanks both of you, that is what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure there wasn’t a new product out there that I hadn’t yet come across that could achieve the same result without using a quasi. Like you say probably just confused with what they used before.

Latest posts

Back