Advice please and where to start!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraK2921

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to salon geek here! I'm a nurse by trade but am currently on maternity leave, and really would like a job with more children friendly hours! I recently qualified in individual eyelash extensions, and am practicing that (offering to clients for reduced rate). I'm also doing a marvelbrow course in December.

Anyway, I feel like I would like to move onto nails, as I think it would be more popular than the lashes, and more profitable than the brows (please tell me if I am wrong!) I've been looking into essential nails, and feel that this kind of learning would be easiest and most practical for me.
Should I start with manicure and pedicure course with uv gel Polish? Or should I do gel nails aswell to try and get it all done before I go back to work?

Any advice on any of this would be great, and to hear from anyone who's done any of the courses I've mentioned would also be really helpful :)

Do you want to offer a full range of nail services? Manicure, pedicure, gel polish, acrylic/UV gel enhancements? Or do you want to offer natural nails only? I'd research the brands available, I would recommend CND - the education is incredibly comprehensive and consistent and the products are fantastic. Kate

In an ideal world yes I would like to offer all those treatments! If I qualify in these am I right in thinking I could just use any brand? Don't have to stick to what I trained in?

Thankyou

No, unfortunately not, each company and product is different and offer their own training. This is especially true with nail enhancements and gel polish as it can vary so much from brand to brand. You can do conversion courses with most though. Hth X

Latest posts

Back