Advice please, gel toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Sorry to post this again but i really need a little advice.

I have a client who wants gel toes, she had an op on her big toe last year which left her with no toe nail on her big toe. Do i need to put a full false nail on the toe before the gel application

Very good question hun. Its a difficult one really and i dont like feet particularly haha! I would say its either not possible or you definatly need a base to work with like a false nail but then you are adhering it to the skin! Hopefully a proffesional will be along very soon to answer this one im very interested in the answer.
X

In college this week we had a similar situation. A client came in and wanted a shellac pedicure, the girl doing it called our tutor over and asked how she could do it as the lady had no big toe nail. Our tutor sculpted a nail for the client, she said it would stay put for about 2 weeks :)

Sent from my GT-S5360

Didn't think it would be advisable to put product direct onto the skin as it will lift?

Surely if you apply product directly to the skin you are putting your client at risk of over exposure??

Surely if you apply product directly to the skin you are putting your client at risk of over exposure??

Hi Amanda
That's exactly what I was thinking, surely a false nail needs to go on?

Is there a tiny bit of nail at the base to work with even? Or just skin?

I build up big toes for a lady who has only about 5mm of nail at the cuticle after an op . . . we do it about 3 or 4 times a year and it's very successful. (I do use l&p though)

So blossom do you sculpt yours so it not adhering to the skin?

Not sure if this link will workhttp://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=176674

I build up big toes for a lady who has only about 5mm of nail at the cuticle after an op . . . we do it about 3 or 4 times a year and it's very successful. (I do use l&p though)

She has nothing just skin. What would you suggest I do?

So blossom do you sculpt yours so it not adhering to the skin?

Yes. There's not enough there to add a tip lol

Em79 it won't stick to skin and anyway there's the overexposure thing.

There's a thread on here somewhere, I think Geeg has a plan for this scenario and if I remember rightly it involved making the toenail separately and sticking it on somehow . . . maybe medical glue? It only stay for a few days though

I'll try and find it x

Sorry the link didn't work.
In a previous thread Geeg (I think) suggested gluing a tip directly onto the toe with Gelbond.
I think there have been 2 or 3 threads fairly recently in relation to this topic. If you try the search function you might find the link I was trying to post.

Got there before me lol, well done x

Yay! I'm finally figuring out how to maneuver my way through this site :)

Can you please give me your steps for carrying out this as I totally font know x

Latest posts

Back