Advice please-hair extension legal rights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sallie ford

Miss-s
Reaction score
Right here is the thing
I had a lady message me about a set of extensions she had fitted by another salon on Saturday, she asked me if I could look at the colour and could I matched her natural hair with the extensions she had fitted which cost her £200 apparently this was for the hair not fitting as fitting was free as they were trailing a new system called shrinking, but shrink urs have been around for years

I happily said yes I could do that for her.......because I knew there was more to this.....

Anyway I was taking to her via Facebook for about 2.5 hrs last night as she was telling about her hair she told me that apparently her hair is grade 8a from beauty works 1g 200bonds
So she sent me a pic of her hair before and after all I can say is I would be mortified
The salon told her they use beauty works and buy direct from Italy

But beauty works trade under eurotrade ltd and they have a warehouse in Manchester 40 miles from us

From what I can get from the picture
The hair looks cheap and nasty
She has no where near 200g in her hair the colour is all wrong
Best of it she's said she hasn't got shrinkies in she has prebonded (u tip not flat tip)

So I made a point of if u wanted shrinkies and have received prebonded then u haven't received what u had paid for. She also told me the consultation form was basically her name and address not what grade of hair and brand how they are being fitted etc nothing not even a receipt the salon made her pay via direct banking into the salon owners boyfriends account

So last night I did a bit of digging about I went to beauty works web page roughly priced up
200g of there prebonded hair which I found to be flat tip and basically approx £400 in cost not £200 like she paid
At the moment I dnt want to colour her hair because I dnt know what it is or how the extension is going to react
We spoke about her aftercare which is a bit shabby they told her to buy sulphate free shampoo anything from the shop she was told and not to wash it for a week She bought L'Oréal sleek but I pointed out if she used that disaster would strike as it contains sodium lauyrl sulphate which can ruin extensions

So am I right in thinking that she can get her money back on the ground not what she was booked in for and breach of contract
She's just worried she has no receipt nothing will be done but I did say that the bank transfer will be traced back to her boyfriend and they maybe be able to link him with her
if started writing some notes for her to point out to the salon where she went
If I'm wrong at all please anyone correct me I can show u pics of her hair it's terrible xxx

I've tried uploading the pics but they keep comming up to large x

Yeah she should go back to the salon for a start maybe with a mock up quote from you based on beauty works prices. Then she can request all relatable documents / consultation form and notes for her service (even the receipt from 'beauty works') if she means business they will either refund or redo the hair exactly how it should be done. If they don't play ball then she should go to a solicitor they will gain this info for her.
Sallie limit your involvement though love it's going to be a mess as the salon sound like a blooming joke! Xx

Oh beaut u should see the state of them there shocking!
She's comming in tomorrow I've written down the quote from beauty works
I had already told her that she needs to see the invoice from them to the salon stating the invoice would either be in the name of beauty works or eurotrade ltd
She's going back to the salon after she has been to me tomorrow I've also told her to speak to cab which she has and they have said she has 30 days to ask for a refund on the grounds they aren't what she was paying for to which the cab are contacting trading standard
I've also told her to wash her hair today for quality purposes to see if they go dry etc .
Like I said to her this can be a very frustrating time and she needs to be calm about things. I've even shown her my work of what 200 1g bonds look like both double and single drawn .
I will be speaking later to her I will be mentioning that she must not mention where she has been to seek advice on her extensions or my name as otherwise I will no longer be able to advise her further I've even gone to trouble of setting up a beauty works account to give her an exact costing of hair and the grades of hair they do and so far I carnt see a grade 8a that will last 2 years. This way she can say she's been to a salon that uses beauty works and I dnt use beauty works so there will be no link to me. She told me I was recommended by a lot of people but my prices are a bit higher and she saw the offer this other salon had on and took it x

Oh beaut u should see the state of them there shocking!
She's comming in tomorrow I've written down the quote from beauty works
I had already told her that she needs to see the invoice from them to the salon stating the invoice would either be in the name of beauty works or eurotrade ltd
She's going back to the salon after she has been to me tomorrow I've also told her to speak to cab which she has and they have said she has 30 days to ask for a refund on the grounds they aren't what she was paying for to which the cab are contacting trading standard
I've also told her to wash her hair today for quality purposes to see if they go dry etc .
Like I said to her this can be a very frustrating time and she needs to be calm about things. I've even shown her my work of what 200 1g bonds look like both double and single drawn .
I will be speaking later to her I will be mentioning that she must not mention where she has been to seek advice on her extensions or my name as otherwise I will no longer be able to advise her further I've even gone to trouble of setting up a beauty works account to give her an exact costing of hair and the grades of hair they do and so far I carnt see a grade 8a that will last 2 years. This way she can say she's been to a salon that uses beauty works and I dnt use beauty works so there will be no link to me. She told me I was recommended by a lot of people but my prices are a bit higher and she saw the offer this other salon had on and took it x

I see this all the time my extensions are around £300-350 and there is a local girl who does them for £150 including fitting ....well I just can't even tell you how bad they are! ...Luckily all her ex clients come to me now for quality! (turns out she uses eBay silicone crap) this will happen to you also you get a very good reputation for the right reasons!

Beauty works that last 2 years and for 200 bonds pay that much? What a joke! Where is this salon I'm tempted to call them myself! X

I will pm u as I've sent u the photo of the hair already x

Latest posts

Back