Advice Please I dont like my new black hair!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridget1802

Reaction score
Hi All

Please can you help me...I got a home dye from boots which is permanent, Ivory black and I cant stand it, its way to harsh I want it back to the colour it was this morning brown with a hint of red!!

Is their anything I can do to get it back to this?

I used 2 dyes on it as my hair is so long it will take years to grow out, I dont want to end up doing a britney spears and shaving it all off lol!!

Thanks
Vicky

dear oh dear...how harsh did u think black would be? :hug:

i would just say give it wash with something like fairy liquid, or vosene, some horrid shampoo like that, head and shoulders...this will hopefully and perhaps strip a bit of it out. im sure i saw a post on here about bicarbonate of soda but dont quote me on this. i would leave it a good month of scrub scrub srcubbing it with something like vosene or fairy liquid...thats your best bet without haveing to bleach it up. good luck and if you are thinking of recolouring please go to a salon cos you'll never manage on your own. x

Thanks for the advice I was thinking of using head and shoulders I used to have it black all the time, so I dont know why i am so shocked, but I just dont like it
I am hoping it will fade quickly lol!

vicky x

yes dont re-colour it yourself coz if nothing else you will only cause build up and make it worse!!!!!!!
good luck xx

Hi,
I had mine done at a salon to black, fortunately I love it, mine just faded out to a dark brown after a few washes so i'd say just scrub it as above with something that will strip it. Just have to be a bit patient....hope you get it sorted!

my hair is the same, never stays black :( never even looks that black when its done, although i think i have hair dysmorphia :p x

lol!! hair dysmorphia, I was bleach blonde and decided to go black! Big change but i wonder why i was ever blonde in the first place i love it! I didn't rekon much to the salon colour so i bought the swartzkopf live intense black and its stayed pretty well so far!

Latest posts

Back