Advice please ladies & gents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateeLouise

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I am self employed and do 60 40 I have only 1 customer booked in tomorrow(Saturday) and ask the lady who owns the shop if I can leave after due to decorating at home, I was off all last week with been ill and having tests done at the doctors and only been in Wednesday to work and had Thursday and Friday off as no one was booked in and been doing my Christmas shopping, what I am saying is I think the lay who owns the shop is going to say no as I hardly go in anyways more unless some 1 booked in, and she got the old nail tech back in to work self employed aswel and there isn't enough jobs for us both that's why I am taking days off and with my health. What would you do I. This situation ? Xx

If your self employed its upto you what hours you work, if you have a contract with the owner saying you have to be there then I guess she is within her right to ask you to stay, at the end of the day she is loosing money by you not being there and could rent the space to someone who is available to work more hours... It's a tricky one but if your ill then it's just one of those things... Hope your feeling better :)

I'm sorry to say but with it being a split rate if I were the owner I would serve you notice if you were hardly in. If you payed a set rate fair enough as she's not losing out, but with splits you need to make for her to make. My advice is be there. I'm here now and its quiet. Not one in. But I'm still sat here. What if a walk in comes through the door? Not worth the risk in my eyes. Xoxo

I'm sorry to say but with it being a split rate if I were the owner I would serve you notice if you were hardly in. If you payed a set rate fair enough as she's not losing out, but with splits you need to make for her to make. My advice is be there. I'm here now and its quiet. Not one in. But I'm still sat here. What if a walk in comes through the door? Not worth the risk in my eyes. Xoxo

I agree although your self employed you need to be there. But also even with a set rate I use to have someone rent years ago and were never there I was forever turning clients away and it looked bad on me!

That's a thing she isn't turning clients away as the old nail technician is working for her again and she booking my clients with her, I don't have a contract and she knows I have ill health just I don't see point me sat there with other nail tech and her getting all the jobs as she is the favourite and I get left out kinder thing, I was working full time and because I was working all the time my health got worse, x

Sorry you've not been well :hug:

Is your illness related to your job at all? Without wanting to know all the details, is it like a temporary thing and you'll be back firing on all four cylinders pretty soon? Also how long have you worked there, if you have an otherwise unblemished record I think she should cut you some slack.....

But I guess you can't blame her for wanted someone reliable - not saying you're not, it's just the course of events with you not being well and stuff, I'm not saying you're an unreliable person

It's hardly worth being there if she's going to book people in with the other tech but it's hardly worth her booking them in with you if you're not going to be there

Chicken and egg

Well I have had tests done and I got a phone call after 2 days saying I need to discuss my results with the doctor so finding out Thursday wants defiantly wrong with me, I have said to her if anything booked in ill come and do them, but I am wanting to leave aswell but don't know how to tell her as I struggle with shyness talking to her don't know why, I am not unreliable i am always there early and leave when we shut and always go in to do customers booked in and Saturdays I stay all day with no one booked in and I go do a leaflet drop round market if I am that quiet , I only had all last week off and Monday Thursday and today, I worked Wednesday did an infill and stayed till 5 even though we shut at half 3 4 clock latest. Xx

Latest posts

Back