Advice please, not sure how well this will work.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooshka

Reaction score
Hi,

As some of you know I'm still in training and I use NSI products.

I have just started to do gels (around X-mas time) and I have been wearing a NNO since X-mas.

I have got the new Balance builder (thick) Warm opaque gel and Balance builder (thick) soft white, plus the usual Balance clears and I am wanting to try a set of P&W.

My problem is, my natural nails are really long now and I really don't need to add any length as such but I'm concerned that the white will not cure correctly due to my natural nails not being clear.

Would it cure ok? or should I bite the bullet and chop my own nails down and use clear tips or sculpt?

Sorry if this sounds like a darf question but it's something we have not covered in training, we only did tips and sculpts and never spoke of P&W's as a NNO.

Thanks for any help

Put down a clear base 1st and if i remember correctly the new body builders (Whites) are not too thick but do hold their place so not to run. Cure these for the time that they state and then you builder over the top. make sure you cap free edge well. Check out nail angel web page. theres a nno on there with the new gels. No need to cut off your nails

Thank you for your reply.

I have joined Nail Angel and will go and check it out.

I really didn't want to cut my own nails off, so that is a relief to know it can be done and still cure ok, thank you very very much.

I have done exactly what you are wanting to do and it worked out fine, the only thing that I would say is make sure you don't do it too thin, I did my NNO the same thickness as you would have with a polish and it is too thin and the corners are cracking. Did a search and found it needs to be thicker. HTH's C x

Hi

Can you tell me what NSI gel is like to work with, I'm training with EN and using dream gel it's really thick & and hard to work it's horrible or is it just me? I don't know but I'm considering trying something different, what do you think?

Pauline

I find the NSI gels fine to work with although I have never worked with any other so I can't really comment, I have used Nail Harmony structure gel with Gelish and find this similar to NSI. The NSI sculpting gels are very thick and it is recommended to work them a bit in the lid to activate the self leveling component, maybe try that with the EN gel??

Thanks claire will give it a go!

Hi just noticed on your profile you did en course how did you get on with it? I'm a bit gutted now that I didn't go with CND, but cost a lot so will have to work with it

I got on with it fine, but I did also have a lot of good guinea pigs available to do nails on real people. I am also one of those people who have to know everything about something so I do spend a lot of time reading up and researching. I found that there was quite a lot missing in the EN course which I only knew through reading up. Gigis book nail class is fab to help with technique and Doug Schoons book is good too. My other Job as a research chemist does also help a lot with product chemistry and the health and safety side is kind of second nature too.

Latest posts

Back