Advice please on updating skills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velouriapixi

Reaction score
Hi all
I was last on here in 2009!!! So as you can imagine I'm quite a bit out of the loop with what's going on out there in the nail industry .
I want to start re building my nail skills only on family to start with but want to use reputable professional products ..I'm thinking starting with gel polish first to get my confidence back but wondering where I can source products from ...I do have a vtct qualification in nail enhancements all be it over 10 years old but wouldn't dream of carrying out treatments on anyone but family until I'm much much more skilled ... But I don't want to have to do a full course again over a year as I just can't fit the local college course in around my job ......what do all the techs out there recommend ..suggestions and ideas would be appreciated

Hi
Can you find any local training providers to help you brush up on your skills? I trained in day courses and once qualified for myself straight into practicing and perfecting treatments on models.
If you want to use a professional brand they'll ask for your certificates so that you can place orders-I don't think it would matter how old your certificates are!

I would decide on which brand you would like to go with and then see what courses they offer . Most companies will offer a 'conversion ' , 'workshops' or 121 courses which would enable you to get up to date help in the product you wish to use

Latest posts

Back