Advice please on Wella colour and technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
Hi there, i am doing my sisters hair tomorrow she has a fullhead of 5/0 with a little 5/77, she is wanting to have peek a boo highlights. target shade is 8/03. iv done test pieces with bleach 3% and toned with 9/1. has came up lovely.she has fine shoulder length hair, what technique of foiling would you do to acheive the peekaboo effect? she wants to be able to see them but not look stripy but doesnt want any through parting, im also concious of them not getting lost and looking wishy washy against the base 5.
would you do a mix of fine and chunky weaves ?
another concern is her regrowth needs doing at the same time and im concerned of when rinsing her foils out that its going to grab on the foils pieces and make them go grey and dirty , this is obviously going to be difficult as i dont have a backwash and will be rinsing over the bath. would you put a little conditioner over each foil as you rinse and remove it, i think im just concerned as theres not much warmth in her regrowth shade. Sorry for rambling appreciate any advice. x

I would take a section under parting like from eat to temple round the middle band of her head right round to the other side and do diagonal weaves and slices a mixture but I would use 12/0 and 12% to achieve the 8/03 tone and tint roots at same time

Also if you rinse the colour of quick enough and don't leave it lying on lightened sections it should be fine :) x

I had a client who was egsacly the same I used 12/0 12% it was perfect looked beautiful.

Brilliant thanks for your advice guys. Do u think the 12/0 will lift the 5/ ? As she has been having it for a while and probs has a little build up. She was quite adamant she didn't want it gingery, more of a caramel or baileys tone. Thanks again for your advice guys. X

Yea the 12/ range with 12% will get you your caramel tones :)

Latest posts

Back