Advice please - what is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisylaMaise

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

Been lurking in the background whilst I have been completing my training! Just launched my business and starting to get some clients in. I had a lovely lady yesterday for a manicure and she has booked a pedicure for next Saturday, however she mentioned having seen something on her big toe and thought she should tell me. I think it could be fungal but I'm not sure. Can anyone advise? Obviously if it is fungal I will recommend she sees her GP as I won't be able to perform a pedicure until its cleared.

image.jpg

Looks as if its onycholysis. Did you send her to her GP?

Looks as if its onycholysis. Did you send her to her GP?

Thank you!

I wanted to check my books first. I will give her a call later and suggest a trip to her GP. Did wonder if it could be onycholysis associated with a fungal/bacterial infection.

So surprised other nail techs haven't mentioned it to her before. Oh well, hopefully GP will be able to fix and she will be able to have lovely toe nails very soon. At least my education was thorough enough to stop me from treating her...

Latest posts

Back