Advice please with mineral make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphrodites

Reaction score
Hi girls

Im using lily lolo make up. On 2 mature clients now they have looked "shiny" when i've finished. How do i stop this? I've tried using silk finishing powder but still the shine shows through!

Im not that keen on mineral makeup,, try getting a sample kit of graftobian HD makeup i use a light med and dark and mix to colour , its waterbased , put on thinly with a brush and use the white setting powder . heres mikes num 01275843535 i wouldnt use anything else, and as its hd and waterbased its good for all sensitive skin and dosnt sit it creases arount the eye.. :)
also smashbox do a matifying primer x

We use Jane Iredale, and although we don't find it shiny, they do do a mattifying powder too.

We use Jane Iredale, and although we don't find it shiny, they do do a mattifying powder too.

I too use jane iredale, (I dont know if its the same with lili lolo) but if you over work the minerals they can look shiny, so try applying in downward strokes.

I have to use the matifying powder over the top and find it lasts most of the day, i only have to re-appy once.

you could try id bare minerals foundations. they are the original mineral make up company and the only ones to have completely 100% mineral foundations. they have a product called mineral veil which goes on the top to set the makeup and mattify. x

Just been on their website, I think it's because I used silk finishing powder instead
Of translucent which is best for oily prone skin. Will try thus and see. Thanks for the tip on overworking!

if you manipulate minerals too much and they go shiny how do you reverse the effects?

Lily Lolo have videos on their website here Lily Lolo
I thought I was applying my foundation properly until I watched the vid...:eek: It looks so much better these days.

Thankyou, such a great help i watched them all!! lol.

By seeing how much she worked it i have def over worked the minerals, ooopsey :o

I think because when i applied the base it looked quite ashened so i tried to warm it up with a slightly darker colour and hey presto shiny galore!

What a doofus!!

I dont want to switch brands because i really like their products

xx

Lily Lolo have videos on their website here Lily Lolo
I thought I was applying my foundation properly until I watched the vid...:eek: It looks so much better these days.

Latest posts

Back