Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairdressingBug

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I had a lady in who wanted a pink toner (she was having her bleech roots aswell)
I did the roots then mixed her toner (which was KP 10mls 10/0, 10mls 0/65 + 10mls 0/45 with 60mls pastel developer) and left it on for 5 mins at the backwash. It was lovely and she was absolutely thrilled with the result and so was I!
Its been a week now and she has just messaged me and told me that her hair is blonde again with no trace of the pink toner. I know that toners can wash out quickly but this is ridiculous.
Did I do something wrong?
Her hair isn't even porous its in really good condition.
Thanks in advance :) xx

Hi Geeks,
I had a lady in who wanted a pink toner (she was having her bleech roots aswell)
I did the roots then mixed her toner (which was KP 10mls 10/0, 10mls 0/65 + 10mls 0/45 with 60mls pastel developer) and left it on for 5 mins at the backwash. It was lovely and she was absolutely thrilled with the result and so was I!
Its been a week now and she has just messaged me and told me that her hair is blonde again with no trace of the pink toner. I know that toners can wash out quickly but this is ridiculous.
Did I do something wrong?
Her hair isn't even porous its in really good condition.
Thanks in advance :) xx

What aftercare is she using?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

She uses wella brilliance shampoo. I sold her it as retail a few weeks ago.

I tried a pink toner recently using Wella Colour Touch and it faded really nicely. I think pastel tones will always fade quicker but in my experience using more clear/10 with a low developer but leaving the colour on longer (10-20mins) gives a more durable result. In my head I figure the colour has more time to get right into the cortex.

Also check out some acidic demis like dialight for pastels, nearlyme posted some gorgeous photos recently of pastel pinks x

ok thank you ill give that a go :)

I like 9/16 and 3/66 10:1 in colour touch. It's a mauve kind of colour.

I tried a pink toner recently using Wella Colour Touch and it faded really nicely. I think pastel tones will always fade quicker but in my experience using more clear/10 with a low developer but leaving the colour on longer (10-20mins) gives a more durable result. In my head I figure the colour has more time to get right into the cortex.

Also check out some acidic demis like dialight for pastels, nearlyme posted some gorgeous photos recently of pastel pinks x

These ones? Am doing a client pink next week using the new inoa recipes too :)

Attachments

• 1403126208354.jpg
    1403126208354.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 118
These ones? Am doing a client pink next week using the new inoa recipes too :)

Hers lasts about 4 weeks. I often have to emulsify the bleach through at the backwash to get rid of remnants of the toner from 6 weeks ago, especially if she is in a purple mood after doing pink the previous two times

Yep those ones. Great tip about emulsifying the bleach, cleans it right up. X

Yep those ones. Great tip about emulsifying the bleach, cleans it right up. X

I also emulsify my tint onto my highlights to make them less stark :)

nearlyme that pink is lush what did you use? xx

nearlyme that pink is lush what did you use? xx

I am trying to remember lol I am pretty sure it was 6/8ths clear with 1/8 4.20 1/8th 4.65 but it could have just been clear and 4.65- it was more lavender then rose :)
Same lady- pretty sure that this 9.12 and 4.20.
We change it every time so I never remember exact combos.
Adam has some great recipes using dia light. I love the stuff, in fact I use more dia light and richesse then I do Inoa, even get amazing grey coverage and the reds are to die for

Attachments

• 1403127787758.jpg
    1403127787758.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 1403127922838.jpg
    1403127922838.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 1403127947764.jpg
    1403127947764.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1403127994924.jpg
    1403127994924.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 94
special mix never stays in the hair. used straight 0/66 on a friend once and a wash later it was all gone without even a trace it was there.

Latest posts

Back