Advice regarding new business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB1

Reaction score
Hi lovelies,
Hope you're all having a lovely relaxing Sunday! [emoji16]
I trained in beauty a few years ago and have since only done treatments occasionally for a few close friends and family. I would really love to actually turn this into a full time business- I no this will not happen overnight and will take a lot of hard work and dedication! I currently work full time in retail (beauty related retail) and would love some advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation and how you made the transition from full time retail ( or any other job) into working full time for yourself.
Over the next few months I have a few more courses lined up... I already hold a level 2 itec qualification, and have trained in cnd shellac.. I am due to start a gel extension course and thought this is the perfect time to try and get back into beauty! :)
Many thanks, I look forward to hearing any advice [emoji16]

I had some money saved up from my job so I packed it in, started up my business and took a part time call centre job for 2 days a weeks to keep a bit of cash coming in. In retrospect I wish I had started it the other way around, kept my main job and rented somewhere one day a week to build up a small paying client list first, but it worked out in the end. I think you're doing the right thing in getting your training done now rather than adding them later on, and definitely keep mentioning it to your customers so that you can start getting the word out even if you're not planning on doing it for a while.

Latest posts

Back