Advice - waxing course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
Hi all

I currently just do nails but am looking to do other treatments too. The lady who trained me in nails (an NSI trainer / distributor) also does training for waxing. This is a 1 day course, returning in a few weeks to do an exam. It is a Cetuem course and the diploma is issued by Cetuem.

My questions are: how many geeks have one a 1 day waxing course, as opposed to a few weeks, and have found 1 day to be sufficient? Also, if the diploma is issued by Cetuem, does that mean I can't use other brands and I am tied to them?

Many thanks :lol:

I've checked this out so I know this as fact. A diploma is a qualification and if that particular diploma is recognised by an insurer, then you are fine. So check them out but I'm guessing they'll be fine as Cetuem are well known.

I've checked this out so I know this as fact. A diploma is a qualification and if that particular diploma is recognised by an insurer, then you are fine. So check them out but I'm guessing they'll be fine as Cetuem are well known.

Thanks Kim, so do you mean that even if the diploma qualification has been issued by Cetuem, I could even buy wax products produced by another company?? (eg salon systems). Thanks for your help x

Hi i jus wanted to give my imput as i trained to do waxing but did it over a 12 week course and i found that the more knowledge and guidence i got was far better than a days course as i have learned because i did a days course on nail extensions and my knowledge is very limited and i feel i wasted the money i spent on the nail course but my wax course was worth the money as i feel the longer time you have to practise the beter you are..
hope this helps

there are loads of different courses available to us all

they range from half days to full days and a week to many

what you ultimately want at the end of your training is to be confident in the procedure that you are going to carry out.

personally i feel a course of a number of weeks is more beneficial however saying that there are some pretty damn good courses available out there with some very reptuable companies.

i would ask myself this - would you be happy doing a days training and being able to wax most body parts. once you have this answer then you can look to what kind of course you want to do.

remember that it doesnt matter what the longevity of the course is, it is how you feel doing the treatment as a new waxer.

i hope this helps with your decision

I have trained countless experienced waxers who spent two years at college and some of them can't wax. I have also trained several beginners who have done a 1 day course and they took to it like a duck to water.

Do your basic training and then watch all of the experts, read what you can, know your theory and practise, practise, practise. That is what makes a good waxer, not how long the course is. xx

Thanks Kim, so do you mean that even if the diploma qualification has been issued by Cetuem, I could even buy wax products produced by another company?? (eg salon systems). Thanks for your help x

Generally speaking, companies want to sell their wax, so I can't see anyone refusing to sell to you. Once you've chosen a brand, you may need to do a product course so you understand the product. xxx

Thanks geeks, your replies have been really helpful x

Latest posts

Back