Advise needed about 'intensive nvq level 3' courses...pinks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyliex88

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am really new to the site but have to say there seems to be lots of answers to all sorts of questions, so hopefully some kind people will also be able to advise me!

I completed a fulltime course for 19+ students to nvq level 2 in beauty at the end of the summer. I didnt want to go back and do another full time course in level 3 as i do not have the time and cannot afford not to work- also i am planning on going travelling to australia for a year, next year in sept/oct time and would like to get my nvq level 3 by the time i go so i can get work in a salon out there... Another reason i am not keen on spending 1-2 years more at college is because i only really feel i will use massage and maybe the electrical units of the level 3 but i do want the take the whole course rather than only these units as i feel having the certificate puts you at an advantage.

I have been looking into 'intense nvq courses' which you spend approx 8-12 days 'full on' doing the practical side of level 3 and then you have to go away and build your portfolio and study the theory side at home and also practise on clients and record this on client cards. After 6 weeks or when you feel ready (you have upto 2 years to go back) you return and have a practical assessment and also a written one, which if you pass and your portfolio is good and also passes, you get your certificate for level 3.

Has anyone been on any of these? like the one at pinks in derby? or any others that they recommend? Just trying to find out if they are infact passable? Im the sort of person who is quite happy to put the work in at home so just need to know if they are achieveable and if they are any good?

Any views and advise would be very much appreciated- i hope i havent gone on too much!! Thanks x

Thanks Annie- i have had a good read through that post and seems more to do with training in nails? I am looking to hear from anyone who has done one of these intense courses in beauty and what they thought of it as that article only seems to give a general description of each type of training.

Thanks

You also need to look into if your qualifications will be recognised in Australia,
i know for America you have to have a cosmetology licence hth :hug:

It might mention training in nails, but the pro's and cons of types of training and decisions you make to decide which course is for me are still the same regardless of whether you are learning beauty or nails in my opinion.

anne xx

Latest posts

Back