Aesthetic Beauty | Topically Applied Botox In Development

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
I feel as if we talk about Botox a lot. It's not intentional. The fact is, Botox and fillers are an enormous part of our industry. They simply can't be ignored. Aesthetic beauty treatments are more readily available and less frowned upon (and not just because they can't frown!) than they ever have been and it's inevitable that lots and lots of people are working with Botox to see what can be done next.

So what is next for Botox? Dr. Alastair Carruthers, a dermatologist at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver says that the new topically-applied Botox formula is set to turn the skincare market "upside down".

The eleven clinical studies consisting of 553 patients have had "impressive" results when lateral canthal lines (crows' feet) are treated with the topical product (known only as RT001 at the moment) under development by Reverance Therapeutics. It appears to be most effective when applied to crows' feet and forehead wrinkles but can also improve the look of skin by reducing pore size.

Dr. Gary Monheit, a dermatologist at a private practice in Birmingham, AL. in the USA has high hopes for this product in light of the results. As the product is mostly absorbed by superficial musculature (muscles of the face) it could eventually be used on the eyelids and lips to improve superficial wrinkles and brighten up dull skin.

So Botox in a tube? Rad or bad?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• botox.jpg
    botox.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 538
Fantastic. I am not surprise about this!! I have an electroporation (non needle mesotherapy) equipment that I have been using for a couple of years with excellent results. Nothing like the new mesotherapy machines that only uses ultrasound. Also the ampules are very active , parabens free and the results are fantastic. It is fascinating to hear all the news about technology moving on all the time!!

Latest posts

Back