Affinage grey coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiepxx

Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if anyone had experienced not getting full coverage when colouring grey using affinage?

I had a client in this week where I used 6.1 3% applied the colour, put under heat for 25 mins then checked and there was still grey so went over it and put back under heat for 10 mins. It still never covered, my mixing ratios was right (30ml 6.1 & 45ml 3%) so I'm stumped as to where I went wrong? I would usually say maybe the client is very resistant and I should perhaps try a pre soften, but she was fine with igora and since this client myself and another stylist have found it happen to other clients of ours.

If any one could shed some light id be very grateful thankyou. :)

I can't help with the ratios for that brand, but I will say for most brands you are best letting the colour develop for long rather than adding heat - heat will mostly speed up the lifting process, develop the colour faster to a lesser degree but with resistant hair it needs more time to penetrate through the cutical and into the cortex

Have you tried 1-1 ratio... I sometimes have trouble with two of my clients but I put some neat tint on the very resistant grey areas for 5/10mins first... Sorry don't know if that invalidates insurance but it's the only thing that works for me x

Have you tried mixing your formula 1:1 ratio with 10vol and leaving to sit for 50 mins without heat. Remember this can cause your colour to drop down a shade. If this does not work apply 7.3 tint directly onto the hair then apply the 6.1 formula with 10vol 1:1 over the top.

Thankyou for your replys, I hadn't tried 1:1 thankyou I will try this, will let you know x

The stylist I work with had a lady in today very resistant and I told her to try 1:1 ratio with 10 vol, no heat, 50 mins and was perfect so thankyou for your help I will be doing this on my clients I have had trouble with covering :)

Its not you, i had affinage And couldnt get it to cover at all. Use affinage for toners coffee shop and browns and
Reds. But do yourself a favour and stock something else for coverage

Hi was just wondering if anyone had experienced not getting full coverage when colouring grey using affinage?

I had a client in this week where I used 6.1 3% applied the colour, put under heat for 25 mins then checked and there was still grey so went over it and put back under heat for 10 mins. It still never covered, my mixing ratios was right (30ml 6.1 & 45ml 3%) so I'm stumped as to where I went wrong? I would usually say maybe the client is very resistant and I should perhaps try a pre soften, but she was fine with igora and since this client myself and another stylist have found it happen to other clients of ours.

If any one could shed some light id be very grateful thankyou. :)

Hi you need to mix either .01 for resistant grey coverage or the new shades 0x gets great coverage then and I always use shade darker and 1-1 ratio hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back