Affinage Semi Permanent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Lady Powderpuff~

Reaction score
Hi all
I am a beauty professional wondering if anyone in the hair industry can give me some advice?

My old hairdresser used to use a colour on me called Red Pepper, by Affinage. It's semi permanent gloss.

I have seen this in my wholesaler and would like to be able to apply it myself. Is there a product the colour has to be mixed with?

Many thanks

I think it could be called red chilli? No it isn't mixed with anything just read instructions it can be left on 3-20 mins depending on intensity.

Thank you, I will double check the name and give it a try!

I think it could be called red chilli? No it isn't mixed with anything just read instructions it can be left on 3-20 mins depending on intensity.
we are NOT to give non pros advice on doing their own hair!!

we are NOT to give non pros advice on doing their own hair!!

She wanted a little advice on putting a semi permanent red on her hair. :) my clients buy wella semis off me to maintain their colour in between visits sometimes especially reds, you don't need to be a professional to use a semi

Don't apply it yourself, so many mistakes can be made self applying. Even us hairdressers have another hairdresser to do ours, I attempted to tone my hair myself when I was training and ended up patchy, it was a lesson I learned the hard way, so take it from the many people on here that have done the same as me in the past and get a pro to do it.

I think warehouses shouldnt allow people from a different trade to purchase hair products as hairdressers shouldn't be allowed to purchase nail and beauty products there other than products that can e retailed out to te public xoxo

She wanted a little advice on putting a semi permanent red on her hair. :) my clients buy wella semis off me to maintain their colour in between visits sometimes especially reds, you don't need to be a professional to use a semi

I'm sorry to say but I agree with the other poster, these products are for professional use only (read the leaflet or tube it will say somewhere) and should NOT BE SOLD TO THE PUBLIC! Xoxo

Don't apply it yourself, so many mistakes can be made self applying. Even us hairdressers have another hairdresser to do ours, I attempted to tone my hair myself when I was training and ended up patchy, it was a lesson I learned the hard way, so take it from the many people on here that have done the same as me in the past and get a pro to do it.

I think warehouses shouldnt allow people from a different trade to purchase hair products as hairdressers shouldn't be allowed to purchase nail and beauty products there other than products that can e retailed out to te public xoxo

Do agree with this. Definitely need a pro to do it if you want it applying correctly It doesn't cost a lot to get a semi applied , but with the question you asked your going to do it yourself anyway :/

I'm sorry to say but I agree with the other poster, these products are for professional use only (read the leaflet or tube it will say somewhere) and should NOT BE SOLD TO rTHE PUBLIC! Xoxo
Wella semis are for sale to the public ? This is why most professional salons trail them

Do agree with this. Definitely need a pro to do it if you want it applying correctly It doesn't cost a lot to get a semi applied , but with the question you asked your going to do it yourself anyway :/

Then let people who are silly enough to do it cock up, I discourage my clients from using any colours than the shampoo toners, if they are adamant to use any other colour themselves at home i politely tell them I refuse to advise them on application, they then come running back in tears that it messed up. Xoxo

Totally agree but there are sooo many clients that do it at home :/ the clients I retail semis to I show them how but it is just a colour refreshing and washes out after 6 shampoos so not much room for error when I have retailed te correct colour to suit my client.

Totally agree but there are sooo many clients that do it at home :/ the clients I retail semis to I show them how but it is just a colour refreshing and washes out after 6 shampoos so not much room for error when I have retailed te correct colour to suit my client.

Pro products are for pro's end of!

I completely disagree with them being retailed...this is why we have revlon colour balls...they are a coloured conditioner which means no room to go wrong!

Might just go and do myself some minx....and use a hair dryer!!!

Go for it blue :)

Go for it blue :)

Might do my colour the way a girl at Sally's told a client years ago....pick whatever colour you want....use double 40vol to make 80vol and it will turn out beautiful!!!

Can hair in an Asda bag look beautiful?

Might do my colour the way a girl at Sally's told a client years ago....pick whatever colour you want....use double 40vol to make 80vol and it will turn out beautiful!!!

Can hair in an Asda bag look beautiful?

Omg really ? They aren't even hairdressers? This Is the reason I NEVER go to Sally's can't believe they actually retail proffesional products to the public, they don't support us. So why should we support them? Nobody ever goes in the Sally's near me it's always dead!

Omg really ? They aren't even hairdressers? This Is the reason I NEVER go to Sally's can't believe they actually retail proffesional products to the public, they don't support us. So why should we support them? Nobody ever goes in the Sally's near me it's always dead!
but u retail pro products to the public and give advise on how to use them.............

They are barely 18!! No hairdressing knowledge....

but u retail pro products to the public and give advise on how to use them.............

Wella colour fresh are made to retail lol I would never sell professional products. They are the same as paintbox etc, made for retail!

I am not a hairdresser but I own a salon and we use Affinage. I can tell you that Red Pepper is a permanent colour and needs to be applied by a qualified hair stylist.
If you are thinking of Red Chili then this is one of the B Red colours.
Again this will need to be applied by a qualified person. They do refreshers which can be used inbetween colours to freshen the hair up.
We were told that these could either be applied in the salon or they can be retailed to the client.

I was thinking affinage red chilli hot shots they can be retailed can't they? Just go see a proffesional to be on the safe side

Latest posts

Back