After care advice, why don't clients listen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becsxx

Reaction score
Ok so I did a set of acrylics on my mum 2 weeks ago (am super proud they have lasted with very minimal lifting) I said to her to look after them over the weekend to avoid further lifting before I get to them this week. So what did she do, the gosh darn house work with no gloves then proceeded to clean her laminator with meths with our gloves tada further lifting and breakdown of the product. On top of that she experiences separation of the nail plate only on one thumb well it would help if she didn't pick and poke things down there and tada again she has a big greenie. I told her she needs to go to the dr, but no she has decided to try and fix it herself to which I told her that her nail without proper treatment could go from green to black and fall off. Grr was angry that even my own mum won't listen. I know it's not caused from unsanitary practices as I clean sterilize and disinfect my tools appropriately, and discard where I need to. I know she's got something in there all by her self argh.

Seriously some clients can't be helped and now she doesn't understand why I won't treat her until she sees the dr.

Have I done the right thing? Don't want to give it to anyone else obviously.

Ok so I did a set of acrylics on my mum 2 weeks ago (am super proud they have lasted with very minimal lifting) I said to her to look after them over the weekend to avoid further lifting before I get to them this week. So what did she do, the gosh darn house work with no gloves then proceeded to clean her laminator with meths with our gloves tada further lifting and breakdown of the product. On top of that she experiences separation of the nail plate only on one thumb well it would help if she didn't pick and poke things down there and tada again she has a big greenie. I told her she needs to go to the dr, but no she has decided to try and fix it herself to which I told her that her nail without proper treatment could go from green to black and fall off. Grr was angry that even my own mum won't listen. I know it's not caused from unsanitary practices as I clean sterilize and disinfect my tools appropriately, and discard where I need to. I know she's got something in there all by her self argh.

Seriously some clients can't be helped and now she doesn't understand why I won't treat her until she sees the dr.

Have I done the right thing? Don't want to give it to anyone else obviously.

Frustrating for you, for sure. With clients it is important that you impress your authority on them by being knowledgeable and firm with them. That is fairly easy.

With your own mum you are her 'child' and she is unlikely to change her ways or listen to you unless you get tough, as you have done, and say, "Right, I'm not going to do your nails until you listen to the information I have studied hard to learn, and follow what I advise." She has to learn to respect you and you have to earn her respect.

The 'incident with the 'greenie' might just prove to her that you know what you are talking about and earn a little of that respect you want from her (though it is a pretty silly way to learn, and you can tell her that from me lol).

We discovered where the greenie came from, she has a tendency to pick under her nails then visited the hot pools great place to attract bacteria. I told her she needs to go to the dr do she went to the chemist who told her to go to the dr. She came home and said 'you're right' yay it's finally sinking in! Thanks for your advise Gigi!

Latest posts

Back