Age-old question: powder lightener drying out on scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satchel

Reaction score
Long story short for the past 6 months experimenting with several on scalp cream lighteners. (Not on clients.)

With clients global on scalp I always use Silk Lift. Generally I'm happy with it. But every now and then it doesn't lift enough and thus my journey with cream lighteners.

I recently tested a new powder lightener and it lifted on scalp really well with low amount of developer. 15 volume on a base 5. However, as I moved towards front of head, the back dried out.

Normally with Silk Lift I use a squirt water bottle or a solution from Rene Furterer, but sometimes that causes lightener to move down shaft which we don't want.

Is there anything to keep powder lightener from drying out on scalp? Anything to mix with lightener and developer? Yes, I know I can go back and reapply, but I'm curious if there are any other alternatives to mix with it??xx Thank You!

And maybe I will change all on scalps over to Blonder Cream, but I truly love the amount of lift with some of these powder lighteners.

Latest posts

Back