Air bubble mystery why oh why! HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
He everyone, I have a problem and I am stumped as to what to do. I am getting air bubbles, havent had them for ages, I think it may be my brush, but im not sure. I am dipping brush in to liquid, rolling it to remove it, both sides, when I pull my brush along to drain liquid I can see air bubbles coming out of it, but they dont seem to go. Would there be any reason why my brush is trapping air? My brush is pretty new so I am stumped. I can see them in the bead as it settles. I am not doing anything differently but have started getting them today and it looks awful. I may just buy a new brush, but if there is any other explanation I want to know before I fork out for an expensive new brush. I have searched and I do all the things already suggested, I let my bead settle etc. I dont push my brush too far into the dappen dish and make it hit the bottom before picking up a bead. I do the going going gone rule too. Please can some one help me, and if it is my brush, how do I prevent it happening with my new one. Thanks in advance geeks :hug:x

I would dip into the monomer and spread out the hairs of the brush then squeeze out the excess against the side of the dish. Do this several times until you see no more little bubbles coming from the brush When you dip all the way in and release the air. ... Then carry on working. You should only need to do this at the start of the service ... Not for every bead!

I also had this problem a few years ago, could not understand and thought it was my new batch of powder. Though contacted supplier and they said it was my application (though my app. had never changed), stuggled like mad asked advice but could not resolve. Finally I changed product and guess what NO bubbled! The large pot of powder is still sat in my drawer :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back