airbrush gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
right girlies

I've purchased the e/n course and I've had quite a few go's but it needs constantly cleaning.

Someone told me that this is a known problem with the airgun that is supplied with the kit.

I know i'm still learning but I've made sure that I'm doing air on paint on paint off air off procedure.

Can I buy another airgun to fit this kit??? if yes can anyone recommend a decent one that I don't have to keep cleaning every test spray x

Hi Sarah

Constant cleaning is what you are going to need to do with any airbrush you use for nail art. I used to do nail art training and this was one thing that let it down, so many airbrushes would clog as people didn't clean them properly. Good brushes can cost over £100 and can still become unusable if they are not cleaned sraight away. You can spray cleaning fluid through prior to adding you paint and then make sure you spray more fluid through at the end of the session. If you let you gun stand for any length of time make sure you have cleaning fluid in the paint cup so it doesn't dry out.

The needle & nozzles are so small - usually a 2mm size, the paint is quite thick in comparison - hence the reason for having the pressure up to the 40psi mark.

I used to take mine apart, clean thoroughly and spray all the little bits with clippercide to keep it all lubricated - worked a treat!

Hi honey

Thanks for that. I've been told to put it to 30psi is this wrong??? should I turn it up? Do you think this could be one of the reasons?

Wondered if you'd know can I use any other paint in this airgun?

Also whilst you're here, I'm interested in looking at the tantrick website but can't get on how do I??? it say's I need to log on.

Also if I wanted to do spray tanning with the compressor do i need to purchase a new airgun? the one i have at the moment has a paint cup. Also does the psi go up for tanning?
Sorry for all the questions, but my old nan said, if you don't ask you don't get lol.

Different companies will suggest different psi settings, it is generally around 30 - 40 psi. This shoud not make too much difference to your gun needing cleaning!

You can use acrylic paint which can be sourced from different nail art companies or even your local art shop - I got lots of paint from a local shop at half the price! Metallic paint has thicker particles and can cause more blockages so I would avoid that right now. Su-do do a full range of nail art paints so do Media. You still need to be thorough with the cleaning!

As far as logging on to our website, I guess you have got there now as I have received notification that you have your electronic info pack. Trade registration is required for access to some of the prices in the shop but doesn't prevent you from looking.

If you want to use your compressor for spray tanning, that is fine but you should have an airbrush with a side feed cup attached. What compressor do you have?

Tanning would require the air pressure to be turned down and set around 15 - 20 psi but this can be altered to suit the different solutions which are on the market.

Hey I totally agree with Nan questions are good and very true, if you don't ask you won't get! Life would be pretty dull without questions!

Hope this helps

Mandy x

Latest posts

Back