Airbrush make-up & cold sore?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah123110

Reaction score
Hi

I am supposed to be doing makeup on Saturday for a wedding guest. She has just messaged me to say she has a cold sore. Now I know they are contagious but would I still be able to airbrush the foundation as I will not be touching it? Would I be able to apply eye makeup or am I best not to?

Thanks
Sarah

Hi

I am supposed to be doing makeup on Saturday for a wedding guest. She has just messaged me to say she has a cold sore. Now I know they are contagious but would I still be able to airbrush the foundation as I will not be touching it? Would I be able to apply eye makeup or am I best not to?

Thanks
Sarah
You can apply eye makeup and airbrush yeah sure, you won't be touching the coldsore.

You could apply lipstick / concealer too around the coldsore if you use disposable lip brushes and I'd suggest gloves too.

Great thank you. I thought it would be ok if I didn't touch it but I just wanted to check. This site is really helpful when you work by yourself as you have no one to double check with.

I was going to say the same as salj, you'll be fine if you use disposables. Just make sure you nothing touches the cold sore then anything in your kit, you can easily get hold of disposable lip brushes.

I know you won't but if the lady asks you to cover it with airbrush - don't!

It will seep into the sore and cause irritation. Just thought I would mention that
xxx

Latest posts

Back