Airbrush stencils with Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
I've started to look around for stencils that could be used with additives, and was looking at the airbrush stencils, I don't own any as I never got into airbrushing, just wondered if anyone had tried using them with the additive or mica powders?

Most airbrush stencils are re-usable so they don't stick and have to be held on by hand ... It would be very tricky to get a perfect result using them with the additives. If you can get stick on stencils then no problem using them.

ahh thanks Geeg, didn't think of that, I'll have a look around for sticky back ones then, shame because there's some lovely designs on the airbrush ones.

ahh thanks Geeg, didn't think of that, I'll have a look around for sticky back ones then, shame because there's some lovely designs on the airbrush ones.

How about using the peel offs that's crafters use for scrapbooking and card making. Both Jeni and fingernailfixer now have videos on you tube using them xx

Thing is, you need to burnish and that would tend move or smear the design ... Even just lifting the stencil could mar the design. It can be done with great care but would take more time with possibly a marred result. Not worth it. Better to get something that will give a guaranteed result for your efforts.

Yes they do! You've been listening to that Fingernailfixer again! Lol

ahh has Holly done a video on this? God knows how I missed that video! A few nail techs I got chatting to in Auz on facebook told me about them.

Off to check out FingerNailFixers page then. Thanks :)

I did look at them Jackie, but waiting for the ones I like the look of to come back into stock :)

ahh has Holly done a video on this? God knows how I missed that video! A few nail techs I got chatting to in Auz on facebook told me about them.

Off to check out FingerNailFixers page then. Thanks :)

I did look at them Jackie, but waiting for the ones I like the look of to come back into stock :)

Jeni Smith (Busybee) has one too xx

Jeni Smith (Busybee) has one too xx

Oh do you have any links?

I've just Googled and searched on youtube but cant find anything x

Edit : never mind found Jeni, was already subscribed to her on youtube :)
off to catch up on her vid's :)

Just found this thread. Thank you! I have been looking for a UK site. May I ask which are the best to use? I liked the Diamond lines as it looked like fishnet but that's out of stock. Don't know what else to try. Help me spend some money lol xx

Just found this thread. Thank you! I have been looking for a UK site. May I ask which are the best to use? I liked the Diamond lines as it looked like fishnet but that's out of stock. Don't know what else to try. Help me spend some money lol xx

Fee any local craft store will have them or good old eBay and amazon. Sometimes I helps to actually see the design up close so you can see the actual size so a trip to the craft store is the best way to go in my opinion x

Could you use the stencils with acrylic paint?:o

I was wondering if they could be used with shellac or vinylux, I have used the nail delights ones, they were good but I like the designs of the starforms better.

I have visions of them bleeding if they aren't sticky enough.

edit - some look really big, has anyone got any recommendations?

Last edited:
Instead of burnishing the additives in have you tried applying them sparingly with a makeup sponge? That way the stencil wouldn't move because you'd be dabbing and pressing, not brushing :) just an idea!

Xxx

Latest posts

Back