Akzentz Options Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyhands

Reaction score
Hi,

I am getting lifting with options gel from the free edge, I am using opti-bond as base layer, should you use opti-bond instead of base 'n' gloss or should you use both?

My routine for a NNO is:

1. Shape nails.
2. Remove cuticles - have been doing this dry as didn't want to wet nails or introduce another product)
3. Take shine off nail with white buffer
4. Scrub with nail prep
5. Apply primer and let dry (am using cnd primer - is this the problem?)
6. Apply a thin layer of opti-bond and cure 2 mins
7. Apply a thin layer of colour and cure 2 mins
8. Apply second thin layer of colour and cure 2 mins
9. Apply top coat and cure 2 mins

I always cap free edge, don't put gel on thick and am very thorough with my prep, what am I doing wrong? It's getting very frustrating as nails look lovely. I used bio for years and never had any problems but live in France now and it's hard to get hold of and out of my budget here.

Thanks ever so much, sorry for the long post:cry:

You should try using Akzentz surebond and I put a little Affixit on the free edge. This cured my lifting issue full stop. I do use CND scrubfresh instead of Akzentz own one. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, Shezybabes

am about to order from Akzentz, so if I get surebond and affixit you think this will sort it? should I get base 'n gloss as well?

Am so fed up, the nails look lovely but just won't last, I really need to sort out this lifting.

Any akzentz experts out there, please help.

Yes base and gloss is excellent also

Surebond will not cure your peeling issue. Surebond and Affixit are both non-acid primers. Surebond is better to use if you're planning on soaking them off. Affixit is perfect if you need that extra adhesion.

Base'n Gloss and Opti-Bond are both bonders, although BNG is also used as a top gloss. If you're having problems with lifting or peeling, Opti-Bond is the way to go. Just use your BNG as your top gloss.

I have been using Akzentz for about 6 years and always have a problem with Options peeling on natural nails. It's great on top of enhancements though!!

From what I see, your steps are perfect. You can try using Surebond as your primer and Affixit on just the free-edge. This may be your last option because everything else looks great! :hug:

Latest posts

Back