All about you

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mildred73

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm new here tonight and just wondered if a) this post is in the right place and b) what treatments do you provide that you feel you can't do properly on yourself?
Thanks muchley

Pedicure. Only cos it hurts to be bent double.

153 reads and only one answer????? :cry:

Leg, underarm and bikini wax. I can do lower leg wax myself but the rest is just impossible.

Leg wax I can't do very well. Can't do bikini wax at all myself! A lash tint is hard to do on yourself. I find nail art and acrylic hard on my right hand as my left hand isn't good at it 😔

Oh and pedicure of course! Doing your own feet is a right faff!

Lash lift 😩

Lash lift 😩

I've never managed to successfully bleach my 1/4" regrowth on my 3" long on the top and 1/2 " long on the sides hair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't do anything on myself! Except blowdry lol I can't even do a plait in my own hair lol

Welcome to salon geek.

I can do my own nail enhancements but can't paint them too well, lots of hair ups (well not now cuz I had my hair cut short), I wax my underarms, lower legs, lash n brow tint, I can do a t-section of foils on myself too. I did stupidly fit my own micro-loop extensions but they were a total con from ebay and looked bad so I took them out myself (I'm not an extensionist either so it's no surprise it went wrong and I won't do that again) I do my own hair colours on occasion too. I also do my own spray tans and get my husband to check for missed bits. Or get him to do the whole thing lol. I do my own pedis when I can be bothered because it's not exactly easy, I just hate going to salons for things, control freak probably lol and now I'm wondering if seem a bit mental with all this DIY. I like to go to college for my hair cuts and colours usually just because I like seeing my old tutors.
I am qualified to do these services/treatments except the extensions so I figure why not? X

Definitely pedicure & lash tint! Xx

Defo no no is bikini waxing - tried once and didn't think it all through. I do my underarms but hubby has to pull off right strips as I can't do it - he tends to peel them off slowly so I'm usually stood screaming 'rip it, rip it!!' god knows what the neighbours think!

Hubby also does my spray tan as that is impossible! I'm rubbish at applying polish on my right nails but ok with gel polish as there is a little more play!

Never tried tinting my lashes and I've just qualified in lash lift - might give that a go!
:green:

Other than a fringe cut, I won't cut my own hair. Always colour it myself though.
Don't do any serious beauty stuff as I can't be doing with primping and waxing.
Too old for that malarkey. ;)
Don't mind doing my own pedi's, but I enjoy going to the local beauty salon to catch up on the gossip. :)

Thanks for all your answers so far, please keep them coming as it's for an idea I have (v early stages though). :) x

To you girls that colour your own hair, do u ever miss bits? I won't try it coz I think I'll miss bits lol

I can't do anything on myself! Except blowdry lol I can't even do a plait in my own hair lol

I can just about manage a scruffy plait.
3cd413b959089eff2c28c32fe3dcd33a.jpg

Is that base blend looking better now? Looks good on that pic

SO much better. Still not a base blend. More like pieces of various pinks!

I do my own half leg, Brazilian and eyebrow wax but I cant do my arms and underarms x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back