All over copper tint-help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi_babe

BellaVoi x
Reaction score
So I have a regular client who has been coming to me for years now, so I want to make sure I get this right.
She has level 5 hair, we have been putting 5s all over, with a few fine bleach highlights, and last appointment I put a few fine copper lowlights through. So majority of her hair is a level 5. Her natural hair colour is around a 5/6.

She wants to go for the attached photo, I haven't played with much copper before except the lowlights I did. I use Wella, but open to all. I know I will have to do a gentle bleach bath to lift the brown, I have already tested her hair and it lifted a lot quicker than I imagined. The condition of her hair is very good.

Can anyone advise what copper tones I would need to use to get to the copper in the attached photo, has anyone done anything similar and was pleased with their results.

Attachments

• emma hair.jpg
    emma hair.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 89
Illumina 9/43 and 7/43 equal parts i use this on my mum and it's exactly the same as the picture.

Lift her up to an 8 with mild lightener first, then apply 9/43 and 7/43 with 12% to the natural regrowth, leave for 30 mins, then apply the same colours as a glossing service to the lightened mid lengths and ends. 15g 9/43 15g 7/43 30g post service conditioner and 30g pastel developer. Leave for another 20 and rinse all off together.

So I have a regular client who has been coming to me for years now, so I want to make sure I get this right.
She has level 5 hair, we have been putting 5s all over, with a few fine bleach highlights, and last appointment I put a few fine copper lowlights through. So majority of her hair is a level 5. Her natural hair colour is around a 5/6.

She wants to go for the attached photo, I haven't played with much copper before except the lowlights I did. I use Wella, but open to all. I know I will have to do a gentle bleach bath to lift the brown, I have already tested her hair and it lifted a lot quicker than I imagined. The condition of her hair is very good.

Can anyone advise what copper tones I would need to use to get to the copper in the attached photo, has anyone done anything similar and was pleased with their results.
Illumina 9/43 and 7/43 equal parts i use this on my mum and it's exactly the same as the picture.

Lift her up to an 8 with mild lightener first, then apply 9/43 and 7/43 with 12% to the natural regrowth, leave for 30 mins, then apply the same colours as a glossing service to the lightened mid lengths and ends. 15g 9/43 15g 7/43 30g post service conditioner and 30g pastel developer. Leave for another 20 and rinse all off together.[/QUB

Lift her up to an 8 with mild lightener first, then apply 9/43 and 7/43 with 12% to the natural regrowth, leave for 30 mins, then apply the same colours as a glossing service to the lightened mid lengths and ends. 15g 9/43 15g 7/43 30g post service conditioner and 30g pastel developer. Leave for another 20 and rinse all off together.
Brilliant- thanks!!

Gorgeous colour, I've done this on a client, 7c with a blob of 7r in Matrix, show us the results when you've finished :)

How much of each did u use?
With what peroxide strength and what was ur clients hair like prior?
Never used matrix.

She was a tinted level 6, used a colour reducer to take her up a level. She had a jaw length medium thickness bob, so used 30 Ml 7c, 5 ml of 7r with 35 ml of 20 vol

Matrix is 1-1 ratio, If you go for Matrix, make sure you use the So Colour not sync - sync has no lift at all its a tone on tone demi

Thanks both for your ideas, went with Cams idea purely because am more familiar with wella. Def try Matrix next time.

Anyway, colour came out lovely! However, client now wants to 'tone it down' a little. She was well up for going to this shade, and now she says this. GRRRR.
Anyway, I am thinking to put in some brown lowlights, as she mentioned she would now like some brown thrown in.
Any suggestions as to what browns would look nice over the copper colours? Would slices or weaves look better?

Have you told her that the color will fade on its own substantially?

Did you emphasize this? How did you color her heat band?

I would dealwith brightness at the scalp first. Maybe try a color gloss of 7/0 pull ever so slightly down maybe 1/12 " or so.

I think it will be way less vibrant in 5 - 10 washes. Especially since it's the first application of Red you lose a lot of that intensity.
and I also agree you can just dab the roots with color touch and slightly drag it down with a comb a little bit to blend it.

Latest posts

Back