All uk airports on HIGH alert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets hope they have all been caught and there are no more of these scum bags out there. Will we ever get to know who they are!

Thats the prob, there will always be terrorists, its a fact of life, we just have to deal with it the best we can. Sad, but true.

Its on the news now, all flights from Gatwick suspended, 12 people arrested with liquid bombs.

No flights to America

OMG

I work at Heathrow and Gatwick and was due at Gatwick today for 8am but changed my mind and now working from home! apprentley its chaos down there. Be awful if you were planning on leaving for your hols today to the states.

I work at Heathrow and Gatwick and was due at Gatwick today for 8am but changed my mind and now working from home! apprentley its chaos down there. Be awful if you were planning on leaving for your hols today to the states.

my best mate works at gatwick as do loads of my clients (gatwicks abt 5 mins away if that)
she actually flew to the states for a hol on tuesday... but im sure that if she wasnt away it would be a nightmare.... good job she went the otherday

Jess
xox

i just thank god they caught them before they did anything, lets all hope nothing else happens xx

It's chilling.

The equipment these terrorists come up with is so advanced it's mind-blowing.

I also hate the way they link themselves to Islam, they're so extremist and cruel they are beyond religion.

I hope the peeps saying the "scumbags should be blown off the face of the earth" were referring to extremist terrorist groups rather than other people of the same religion.

It's chilling.

The equipment these terrorists come up with is so advanced it's mind-blowing.

I also hate the way they link themselves to Islam, they're so extremist and cruel they are beyond religion.

I hope the peeps saying the "scumbags should be blown off the face of the earth" were referring to extremist terrorist groups rather than other people of the same religion.

If you are referring to me Amy, I am referring to the 'scumbags' who terrorise our country. Enough said.

....and we are bringing babies in to this sick world. There was going to be a mass murder and the people that were doing it are from our very own country, how can you make your children feel safe when you don't yourself?
This was the day that lots of innocent people would have been killed, men, women, kids, babies, pensioners, disabled people....everyone on those flights. They wanted it bigger than 9/11....how sick it that?
Will it all ever stop?

I hope the peeps saying the "scumbags should be blown off the face of the earth" were referring to extremist terrorist groups rather than other people of the same religion.[/quote]

i am sure that is the case.

i strongly feel that anyone in this country who does not agree with our way of life should **** off back to somewhere they do agree with. I am so sick of the way we step on eggshells around these people. They make life so much harder for the true muslims who follow the peaceloving aspect of islam.

I think that there is no need to bring religion into it.

It doesnt matter what race or religion somebody is. We need to eradicate this type of behavior no matter what.

It doesnt matter what race or religion somebody is. We need to eradicate this type of behavior no matter what.

I agree with you 100%, oey. Unfortunately it is the extremist groups that link themselves with Islam and say they are acting in the name of Islam, so not only are they endangering our lives, they are bringing into disrepute the Muslims that live in Britain and endangering their safety and quality of life also. Sadly, not everyone is as open-minded as the people on this forum, and Muslims who love Britain and enjoy their life here are persecuted.

It is shocking to hear that nearly all of the 21 men arrested are British-born.

I agree with you 100%, oey. Unfortunately it is the extremist groups that link themselves with Islam and say they are acting in the name of Islam, so not only are they endangering our lives, they are bringing into disrepute the Muslims that live in Britain and endangering their safety and quality of life also. Sadly, not everyone is as open-minded as the people on this forum, and Muslims who love Britain and enjoy their life here are persecuted.

It is shocking to hear that nearly all of the 21 men arrested are British-born.

Its not shocking at all - unless you've been on another planet for the past so many years...

I agree with the person who said there is no need to bring religion into it - do we know for sure they are Islamic extremists? I have not managed to watch the news this morning.

Yeah, I whole-heartedly agree, but sadly religion is bought into it, because of who they "claim" to represent and do all these evil acts for...

I couldn't agree more. These people are beyond contempt.

I came back from Bulgaria last night, and half way into the flight home yesterday the plane turned back to Bulgaria. We eventually arrived home later than expected but on waking up to the news this morning I'm just relieved to be home safe and sound.

Its not shocking at all - unless you've been on another planet for the past so many years...

I agree with the person who said there is no need to bring religion into it - do we know for sure they are Islamic extremists? I have not managed to watch the news this morning.

The news has said that some people arrested are of Pakistani origin. HTH

Its not shocking at all - unless you've been on another planet for the past so many years....

Thanks for that:lol:

I still find it shocking even after "the past so many years...."

If you'd like to carry on questioning my opinions and reactions, please feel free to PM me.

The important thing up for discussion here is this morning's events.

it's irrespective what race, colour, creed or nationality these terrorists are, the fact of the matter is that they are threatening the lives of innocent people all over the world.

let's not go down the route of debating the origin of these people and thank our lucky stars that they didn't get away with the atrocities that they were planning!

I came back from Bulgaria last night, and half way into the flight home yesterday the plane turned back to Bulgaria. We eventually arrived home later than expected but on waking up to the news this morning I'm just relieved to be home safe and sound.

Pleased to hear you're okay

What did they tell you about your plane turning back - and why?

Well Im scared.... for others that have a flight due soon.
My mum in law is a worrier anyway (drone) and now this news? She due to fly to America on Sept 4th to visit her other son!
No doubt when I get home she'll be on the blower to my fella panicking.

I do hope for her sakes it doesnt hold out til then, but then again..when can you actually say ''okay, its safe now''?
Remember the authorities have to be lucky all the time, these awful terrorists only have to be lucky once!!! :eek:

What did they tell you about your plane turning back - and why?

There was no explanation(Balkan Holiday's very unhelpful staff), but they did announce it wasn't a technical fault, I don't think it's connected to todays events as the news said it was flights going to the US from the UK that were affected, but I could be wrong.

The holiday was a complete disaster from the minute we got there so the flight home just topped it off!!!:cry:

Latest posts

Back