All uk airports on HIGH alert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im due to fly from manchester with us airways on the 21st september for two months, I am now seriously doubting wether i should be going or not. I know these terrorists want to scare us all and we should all get on with our lives as if we had never heard this news but it is easier said than done. Why target innocent people? If the crazy muppets want to blow themselves up then fine, be my guest, but what have any of us done to deserve this ridiculous hatred?? I just wish they would get on with thier own lives and stop trying to play god with everybody elses, im sorry if this sounds harsh but what right do they have??

Well Im scared.... for others that have a flight due soon.
My mum in law is a worrier anyway (drone) and now this news? She due to fly to America on Sept 4th to visit her other son!
No doubt when I get home she'll be on the blower to my fella panicking.

I do hope for her sakes it doesnt hold out til then, but then again..when can you actually say ''okay, its safe now''?
Remember the authorities have to be lucky all the time, these awful terrorists only have to be lucky once!!! :eek:

Well he wont be at home when I get there. Hes just sent me a text saying that hes not allowed to book off work because of the mayhem at heathrow! he left the house at 4 this morning!! :rolleyes:

Well he wont be at home when I get there. Hes just sent me a text saying that hes not allowed to book off work because of the mayhem at heathrow! he left the house at 4 this morning!! :rolleyes:

Oh blimey hun, he will be fine. He must do his job though, it can't be easy for you.
:hug:
x

Oh blimey hun, he will be fine. He must do his job though, it can't be easy for you.
:hug:
x
I aint that bothered to be honest... it means I can get the housework done with out him round my feet when I get in from work!! LOL

He just gets in the way half the time!! haha, no not really. LOL xxx

On a serious note though, the same thing happened at 7/7 and he did a 16 hour shift.. plus 2 hours of travel each side! he was shattered as you can imagine.
These bombers just dont realise that these types of things effect everyone, not just the victims.... or perhaps they do realise that and thatss why they do it!!

My friends daughter was due home from Kos yesterday late evening but ended up arriving at east Midlands Airport at 6am this morning as they were delayed for 7 hours in Kos and they had been told it was due to Political reasons...I am just glad that she is home ok, and my friend does not have to go through what I went through when my son was due home from holiday in the the USA on 9/11 and they had to do an internal flight on Delta Air that day...I was going nuts, as I couldnt get in contact with him, it was the worst 24 hours of my life before he managed to get through on the phone to say him and his girlfriend were ok.

I was at a wedding last weekend where a Jewish guy married a girl whose family are originally from Palestine...and both sets of parents were happy. It just goes to show that people can live in harmony.

Do these extremists really believe that there are 100 (or whatever number they think) virgins are waiting for them...because they have become martyrs??

On LBC today plenty of British Muslims were phoning in to say they can justify these acts!

What is going on in the world today...i dont feel safe anymore...i really worry about everywhere i go...planes, theatres, concerts...i know i shouldnt but i do. I also worry about the future and what kind of world i have brought my children into.

I am seriously beginning to think that all religions should be banned. Would that solve the problems....and maybe men..well not all men...but it is men who start wars...and who have so much hate in them.

People trying to take lives because of some stupid idiotic extremist group religion. They need to be rounded up, and blown off the face of the earth.

Makes my blood boil. It also makes me wonder just what is going to happen in MY lifetime.

I hope the peeps saying the "scumbags should be blown off the face of the earth" were referring to extremist terrorist groups rather than other people of the same religion.

Ive highlighted what I said in my post, just in case you missed the word 'extremist'. :rolleyes:

awful what people are doing to each other.....sad.....

A guy on the radio today said this
"not all Muslims are terrorists but unfortunately most terrorists committing these atrocities are Muslim.
Which is awfull as law abiding British Muslims will condemn this as much as anyone else.
lets just hope they caught them all this time.

A guy on the radio today said this
"not all Muslims are terrorists but unfortunately most terrorists committing these atrocities are Muslim.
Which is awfull as law abiding British Muslims will condemn this as much as anyone else.
lets just hope they caught them all this time.

Lets hope they have caught them this time. No wondering people are emigrating to better climes when they live in a country like this. Although you can't fault the police in this.

Thank god British Intelligence and the Police stopped this before any of these nutters carried out their plans.

But even though its probably the safest time to fly at the mo with all the hightened security and all that, I'd feel VERY aprehensive about getting on a flight with my family if young Muslin men were also on the same flight and I always considered myself to be non-judgemental (think that's the word) and not sterotype people but I'm doing exactly that. Rationally, I feel terrible for thinking bad things about someone I don't even know but fear for your family's safety takes over and I don't think I could board the flight to be honest.

I'm due to fly from leeds bradford a week on monday (21st august)
Todays breaking news has now got me thinking is i should cancel:irked:
I know for a fact i wont feel at ease however up on security the airport is, and i will be scrutinising everybody and every thing within my view.
It maddens me to think that in this day & age acts like this happen!
Think ide rather lose all the money ive paid out for my holls that be in constant fear of everything around me :cry:

Latest posts

Back