Allergic and don't know what to do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodiex

Reaction score
So it has become apparent it's definitely my eyelash glue I've become allergic to.. Tonight I used to proper respiratory masks from lash base and I have still encountered my symptoms!

Will changing glues help? What other precautions can I take? I'm not going to have to give extensions up am I? I've got a course in Monday with Loretta! I don't want to go and pay for it if 2 weeks after I have to quit! I've been lashing for over 2 years and now this! Aghhhhhhhh xx

I use beauty revolution sensitive glue. It has no odour and lasts approximatly 3-5weeks dependent on the client. i would suggest to change the glue. xoxo

Another vote for changing glue! My first glue I got with my kit made me cry applying it I'd have cold like symptoms it was so embarrassing. Now I've switched I've no symptoms what so ever x

I use beauty revolution sensitive glue. It has no odour and lasts approximatly 3-5weeks dependent on the client. i would suggest to change the glue. xoxo

I actually use beauty revolution- have both glues! I normally use pro+ because of the speed, but I hate using the sensitive one because it's so slow drying, maybe I'll just have to see if I'm okay using that one and learn to deal with slow glue! Haha thank you xx

As it's an allergy I would definately ask your doctor for anti-histamines. They aren't just for pet/pollen allergies!
I've had hayfever for ten years, each year I have to have something stronger last year I ended up on steroids but that's not a long term solution so in the end he finally prescribed me 120mg of Fexofenadine. I was on Loratadine before. I'm just giving you the names so you know what's good but you may find over the counters work for you, although for me they aren't strong enough.hth xx

As it's an allergy I would definately ask your doctor for anti-histamines. They aren't just for pet/pollen allergies!
I've had hayfever for ten years, each year I have to have something stronger last year I ended up on steroids but that's not a long term solution so in the end he finally prescribed me 120mg of Fexofenadine. I was on Loratadine before. I'm just giving you the names so you know what's good but you may find over the counters work for you, although for me they aren't strong enough.hth xx

Well I had been taking normal antihistamines and they weren't doing anything. I had blood tests the other day to make sure it's not the new dog.. Hopefully then they will give me some tablets too :)

Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back