Allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who has eczema and is on steroids. He skin is thin, but wanted her nails nice for one occasion. She now wants them off as she has developed a reaction to them on 1, finger. How am Igoing to get these off. they are L&p acrylics. I'm stuck. Help
isabella:confused:

What exactly are you stuck on? How to remove acrylic nails?

When you have ten nails applied, you do not develop an allergic reaction on just one of them! :rolleyes:

MMMmmmm, Never thought of that!! I'll get back to her, but if itys spreading how would you remove them? I've been a tech for 15yrs and I've never had this before. I'm useless I know. Isabella

I'd use my drill to remove. Also another thing is that an allergic reaction is pretty fast .. Like within 12 hours of coming into contact with the allergen and it would be on all. It would not spread like you are thinking. It would look like blisters. The woman is paranoid sounding.

Thank YOu Gigi, she;s coming at 5 tomorrow, I'll have a look for myself, Thanks

I had a look, and shes new to nail extensions and she has just panicked. Her skin on one hand has become angry and cracked, I think it could be the cuticle solar oil, as it's the only thing she has used different to her normal eczema creams. I've had this before with another lady that has eczema due to her job as a florist. the solar oil makes her skin bubble.
Anyway we've agreed it's not the nails that have caused her problem. So watch this space......

Interesting ... Solar Oil is normally recommended to help ease the irritation of Eczema .. and I have prescibed it with great success for many many years to Eczema sufferers and will certainly go on doing so ... I have never had one user ever report 'bubbleing' or any other reaction like the one you describe. In fact most of them have used it for years and find it greatly relieves the inflammation and itching. I suppose there can always be one, but two? So did you only apply Solar Oil to one hand? What about the other one? It really doesn't add up or make sense.

I know and i agree, but it's worth a try. if it isn't that then it must be something she has put her hand in,m anyhow I didn't have to take them off. The nails looked great, it is just her skin near them and down her fingers. and agin it's only the one hand. She works in a lab and her college says it's not the nails or what i've used as you said both her hands would have been affected. so I'll leave it for now and see how she goes. but thanks for your help with this. x

Remember too that Eczema is an internal problem and is not caused by allergy or substances although some substances could irritate but eczema flares up in places quite unrelated to anything a person might be using. I know people who get it in their scalp, behind the knees, on their body or all over their body ... stress causes flare ups as well.

Another important thing to remember is that once your L&P has polymerized, all the chemicals in the products become inert which means, they cannot cause Further skin irritation while on, so there is no need to rush to soak it off while the skin is tender and sore. Of course you will have to soak the product off eventually as you will not be able to perform a rebalance. If it is ascertained that a person is allergic to a chemical/s in the Liquid, you could not use it again on that person.

Still the main thing is her nails were alright :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back