Allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lise

Reaction score
Hi guys iv gone an done it again,I no it's my own fault but yes reacting bad to hair colour all because I couldn't wait to have it done in foils,really don't want hospital treatment again but does or can anyone tell me wat this lumps are that pop up behind my ears an around my neck when this happens plz

Swollen glands? I had them behind my ears when I reacted.
I needed prescribed antihistamines - OTC weren't strong enough.
Hope you feel better soon, its a horrible experience

Hi guys iv gone an done it again,I no it's my own fault but yes reacting bad to hair colour all because I couldn't wait to have it done in foils,really don't want hospital treatment again but does or can anyone tell me wat this lumps are that pop up behind my ears an around my neck when this happens plz

You need to get yourself treated! We're not doctors we can't tell you what they are. Allergic reactions to haircolour are very serious!
I would say let this be a lesson learnt but it sounds like this isn't the first time.

I no ur not doctors was jus curious what thay were but now I no it's swollen glands an yes I did say its my own fault damage is done

Thank u beansy

Get to a and e. always treat allergic reactions as worst case, which is your glands in your neck or tongue swells and you can't breath then you die!

Working in this industry you should know how DIY jobs can cause horrendous results, so I really can't see why you attempted applying your own colour xoxo

Could they not be hives? I've had them before when allergic to something and they are small lumps?

I recently had a reaction to a brand that I hadnt used before when doing a patch test, and kept an eye on it marking where the redness had spread too every 5 mins, thankfully it stopped and it wasnt that bad!

Get yourself to hospital though!!

I would suggest you get checked over. And stop doing this to yourself! What is a small localised contact reaction this time can easily become a full blown allergic reaction due to repeated exposure.

Next thing you know its not bumps behind the ears but anaphylactic shock and then you are in serious trouble. Contact reactions becoming systemic allergic reactions has been the undoing of many a therapist's and hairdresser's career, we really do need to look after ourselves where these things are concerned.

So see a doctor and fingers crossed it can be easily treated. Lesson learned (I hope)?????!!!!!
J

Good grief!

Without wanting to preach, you do know allergies only get worse. You really need to be careful. For the sake of colouring your hair you're willing to risk your life! Madness!

Please seek medical help and think about whether colouring your hair is worth dying for - pun intended.

Latest posts

Back