Allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura250

Reaction score
So a client who i have been doing years a global colour and highlights always the same colour , she just text me saying that last time i did her hair she thinks she had an allergic reaction , she couldnt stop itching and her head was bumpy and lumpy could this happen as i havent changed anything and been doing for years , am going to do another skin test on her soon but just wondering if any others have had this experience? She did go on holiday the day after could this be it ? i put on 8.1 and 7.0 with 6% for ger global colour so it shouldnt be high pigment ?

Yes, you can develop a reaction to tint at any time so it's perfectly possible to react after years of no obvious reaction.

However, now she's had some kind of reaction you'll need to skin test and if there's any hint of sensitivity, you must not use that product.

I actually just had this issue a few months ago with a guest. Same color brand, formula, process! I was totally confused. I found out about a product called Scalp Ez from Trionics. Used it in her color the last time she came in and she had absolutely no reaction! I even called her a week later to check, and she said nothing happened! I would check it out!

Definately. Skin tests should be updated regularly. Hormones especially can play a big part in sensitivity to colour :)

It has no relevance if you've been using the same colour same technique for years. A reaction can occur at any given time. It is an immune response. Nothing that you have done.

Latest posts

Back