Allergic to hair dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambz94

Reaction score
hi, wondering if any one can help, i have searched all over the internet to find a hair dye without PARA-PHENYLENEDIAMINE (PPD) in

heres my story, been dying my hair for years suddenly became allergic but i carried on until i got to the point where one side of my face swelled.. i no longer die it..:evil:

i am not allergic to bleach&peroxide but im allergic to every other colour permanent & semi permanent hair dye out there.

Ive also tried the natural dyes out of Holland and Barrett these are also no good, & i cant use henna either

i just want a hair dye that last more than 6- 8 washes and which is friendly to me.. i wash using a black crazy colour but it washes out horrible does anyone know anyone who has the same problem and has resolved it .

thankyou

Sorry but nobody will be able to recommend anything as your not a hair professional call round salons and ask if they offer colours that suit you xx

Is your hair colour honestly worth more than your health?

Allergies only get worse and you'd be reckless to keep colouring your hair knowing you could actually die from it. Is it worth it?

Sorry that's not the answer you want.

Funnily enough ... Iv been to have my hair done today and I was saying I'm glad I'm not allergic to hair dye as I'm not ready to go for the grey look yet laughing and she's said don't worry Holland & Barratts do a hair die for those allergic if you ever do so don't worry .... !!!
Not sure what it's called tho ... Its Got no peroxide in it apparently .. Don't know wether it'd be suitable or not for you, but worth looking at the label to see if it's any good for you.
But def still do a patch test before putting it on if you do try it...

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Sorry - Just re read and you've tried it ... Arrrr no way ....

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I am also allergic to ppd I ended up in hospital nearly fighting for my life!!

The hospital recommended a dye that you have to get throw your doctor! This has to be applied by a hair dresses using the foil or cap method.

But I will just grow old gracefully my health means so much more than the colour of your hair

I'm the same, not a bad reaction but started to tingle slightly and itch for a few days after, I did my hair again and it happened again, I patch tested behind my ear on the next colour and it went slightly red so I also decided to go natural, having darker hair certainly wasn't worth the health risks.
Luckily my hair is a dark blonde/mousy Brown colour so I was able to go lighter instead.
Not worth the risks :(

NO dye is ppd free,
Nothing, nada!

Not worth your health. There was a lady who passed away from an allergic to dye that was a member of this forum. Not worth it!

I should know I'm severely allergic x

Latest posts

Back