Allergy to acrylic what about hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks I've got an allergy to acrylic I use nsi wondering if hard gel would be ok ? Are more people prone to becoming allergic to acrylic rather then gel any advice would be great :)

Anybody :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would say you would be likely to be allergic to both...pretty similar ingredient wise I think.

Welcome to my world! It's horrible isn't it?

I find most gels are worse than acrylics but I don't react to CND Brisa and Brisa Lite.

I actually use acrylic though. My college educator suggested I use clear monomer rather than the tinted ones. So I tried the NSI Universal which is a clear formula and I have no problems. Might be worth a try for you as well.

Good luck, it's an awful situation to be in.

I to have a reaction to acrylic when I wear it. I can wear CND Brisa gels without having a reaction though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SalonGeek mobile app

I found I can't wear nsi apart from 3d stuff (I use the colours) and I can wear CND retention+ no problem! I also can wear hard gel with no problem. hth

Thankyou ladies I think I may try cnd retention acrylic as many of you seem to recommend it . :)

I have a acrylic allergy but fine with Brisa Lite.

Is brisa lite a hard gel ? Thinking of doing a course in gel how strong is it and can you do glitters art ect ? X

While some ingredients may be used in both acrylic and gels, many aren't. Unless you know which ingredient is causing the allergy, you can waste time and money trying many different products and never find a solution.

The professional advice would be for you to visit a dermatologist and get a "patch test". Take product samples with you and also the product MSDS that you can get from your supplier.

The patch test will help them to identify the problem ingredient. Then you can look for nail products that doesn't include this. However, be aware that once you have developed an allergy then it will never go away (unless you stop using the product with that ingredient) and you will be more sensitive to developing other allergies in future.

Developing an allergy is nearly always a sign that a NT has not worked safely. Allergies only develop due to repeated skin exposure or by breathing in dust/fumes. It's very important to wear gloves and to invest in a professional ventilation system - not a dust catcher - but a system that also removes invisible dust and chemicals from the air.

Good luck.

Went to drs today asked about a patch test they wont do it on nhs id have to go private gutted ::(

I am allergic to acrylic aswell, I am waiting to get a patch test done at the hospital but have tried to work out myself what I can and can't use so far I have be totally fine with Cnd shellac. I have tried gelish and that hasn't caused any problems on my nails but did drop some on skin and have a rash and swollen where it was. My own nails are now all lifting off from my skin about half way down my nails I don't know if I should be using shellac or not does anyone know if it will be making my nails worse I only keep wearing it because my nails look horrible with out

Latest posts

Back