Allergy to gel polish - would IBX help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Has anyone experience with an allergy to Gel Polish? I just wondered if wearing IBX under the polish would help in any way? Many thanks.

no it wouldn't , IBX works from within the nail , it will not create a barrier to stop the allergic reaction.

you don't say what gel polish she is allergic to , Shellac is free of the most well known irritants you could possibly do a trail run on a pinky finger and see how you get on , if she is allergic to shellac she'll just have to live without it as repeated use will cause the reaction to become more severe.

Thankyou Noreen. It's Gel II. I have Shellac as well but this client prefers the colours and longevity of Gel II. I was hoping there was something I could apply as a 'barrier'. I was thinking that brisalite base coat and smoothing gel may work but then I'm into the murky world of mixing systems. [emoji53]

Thankyou Noreen. It's Gel II. I have Shellac as well but this client prefers the colours and longevity of Gel II. I was hoping there was something I could apply as a 'barrier'. I was thinking that brisalite base coat and smoothing gel may work but then I'm into the murky world of mixing systems. [emoji53]

even with a barrier you are still putting your client at risk, if you knowingly put a product on a client knowing they have previously had a reaction to it it will void your insurance. It's just not worth the risk IMI :)

Has anyone experience with an allergy to Gel Polish? I just wondered if wearing IBX under the polish would help in any way? Many thanks.
IBX will not help with that.

Latest posts

Back