Alternative gel polish bands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan_xo

Reaction score
Morning everyone!

I'm overwhelmed trying to find another gel polish brand to bring in to my business. There are so many brands out there now!
I'm currently use CND but I'm wanting to bring in another brand to fill in the colour gaps which CND don't offer. Also something that's lasts that bit longer.

Thanks for taking the time to read
Xo

Gelish is a pure gel and not hybrid like shellac so might be more durable for your clients, it is also very popular.

Before you splash out on a new brand and lamp, where are you finding the gaps in the colour range of shellac. Many more colours can be created by layers different shades or by using additives and glitter.
Give us the colours you want and we geeks will give you some suggestions on how to create them!

Would love like a turquoise colour almost like that stone you get abroad (can't remember the name off the top of my head), jade colour, nice vibrant almost neon purple. I can't think now just feel shellac is missing some key colours. I feel like everytime they bring out new colours especially pinks and reds they are very much the same.
Thanks for your help :)
Xo

I run inkLondon along side my CND Shellac range

Thanks Helen I have looked in to ink London :)

The full range of shellac colours can be viewed on the cnd website

www.cnd.com

There are lots of blues available now and hotski is a popular metallic greeny colour too.
Have a browse on the website, there may be colours you haven't discovered yet!

Thanks CFBS I actually have most of the collection now, but really appreciate your help :)

Sorry to jump on I'm also looking at a gel rather than CND . But worried about the lamp as I've just bought the £240 new lamp and I'm mobile so can't really afford another lamp ! Good luck with your search X

Light elegance is amazing, they do both hard & soak off gel i wouldnt use anything else x

Hey madmumzoe, I'm the exact same I'm mobile as well, what products have you looked at? Thanks and you :)

Il have a look in to them as well Kirsty

Has anyone used ibd? X

I've used Cnd, light elegance, ink London, Nsi and Cuccio and Cuccio is still my favourite X

I've used Cnd, light elegance, ink London, Nsi and Cuccio and Cuccio is still my favourite X
I bought 12 cuccio lacquer from beauty uk, I was having a look at their veneers too! Do you find their gel polish system better than iLac? I'd like to stock a few brands, but not being able to use a generic lamp makes it all so restricting.

Morning Megan , well like I said I use CND but would like to offer a gel colour as I've heard great things . I don't offer acrylic or gel extensions so thought this was a good way forward . I've looked at Ibd and gelish , not really sure what to do now as I have the new CND lamp :( x

I bought 12 cuccio lacquer from beauty uk, I was having a look at their veneers too! Do you find their gel polish system better than iLac? I'd like to stock a few brands, but not being able to use a generic lamp makes it all so restricting.
Yes I do. I'm afraid I don't have time or want to do base, 3 colour coats then 2 top coats if that's what's recommended for iLac. My clients also found the rock hard top coat peeled off quickly.
Cuccio is thinner than other gel polishes I've used and I find it easier to work with but the triple pigment gives it complete coverage in 2 coats. For French I only need one for white tips. It does need thoroughly stirred though and I recently bought a polish shaker which made a difference. Especially to the glitter and shimmer veneers X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464939096.318346.jpg
You can see I'm a fan lol

I think I'm going to look into Cuccio too. I've heard such good things about it. I'm actually debating wether the to do the CND Shellac training at all now. And just stick with gel?

Oh and @ciderella71, that looks like my heaven!!

Morning madmumzoe, yeah I'm totally scunnered at what to do, far too many brands out there!

Wow ciderella71 that is amazing! I'm so jealous! Do cuccio do a good range of colours? Also how long do your clients get out their nails?

I really like shellac. My main reason is that it is so easy to remove compared with other brands and also it has nice smooth application... Non of the colours are watery or wishy washy which I found with NSI. Also you don't need to buff the natural nail first so it really saves time there.
The colour range is fab and as its such a famous brand you find many people have already heard of the colours by their name xx

I think I'm going to look into Cuccio too. I've heard such good things about it. I'm actually debating wether the to do the CND Shellac training at all now. And just stick with gel?

Oh and @ciderella71, that looks like my heaven!!
I've the same with glitters on the other side lol

Hey sunflower fi, I'm currently using CND shellac but just wanting to bring in another range as well :)

Latest posts

Back