Alternative to high lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hi. Sorry i will sound like such a moron In this post. When i trained, my boss taught me anyone who wanted to be blonde, just to use high lift or bleach. I now know there are a million other ways without going so crazy with bleach etc? I have a client h've always done with 12.1 foils and 12% but she is a base7 so she doesn't need that, and occasionally feels too blonde. What could/should i be using instead?i just get so lost with the 9 and 10s for lifting, because i never really learned them. Help!thanks xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

9 s and 10s are good for toning and blending ends , the actual lifting power is only a little less than hi-lift but it really depends on % strength . you could always do a hi-lift alt say a 9.3with 9% would give more definition and a softer colour

Thanks for replying. I just am concerned for condition of my clients hair...would rather keep their hair In as good condition as possible. I'm always just scared to try anything other than 12s In case they don't lift enough. :) thanks x
Posted via Mobile Device

Really if they are a base 7, you can only use high lift as the bare minimum.....even 10.1 (normal colour not highlift) with 40vol, would not lift enough on base 7...they say you would get 4/5 shade lifts with 40vol... but I would dissagree if you were using a normal permanent colour with 40vol from a base 7.....

I would only ever risk taking someone to 'light blonde' (10.1) with a normal permanent colour, if they were already a very dull blonde. And when I say dull blonde.... i mean actually blonde to look at.....mousey blonde.

Anything with a brown look to it needs highlift or bleach......

x

Latest posts

Back