Am I being fair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen47

Reaction score
I have recently opened an account with St Tropez, bought the machine, tent and everything I need including solution. After doing a few tans mobile, I now realise my back is too sore to do this alot and I don't really have the time. So....I thought why don't I advertise for a trained spray tan therapist to use my system during the week, maybe two tanning parties would generate £120 each, therapist would keep £50 and I keep £70 per party, as I will be supplying solution and everything. I thought it would be a good way for someone to make some extra money a week and Im still making something from it too. I'm advertising on here in recruitment...wanted to see what you geeks thought of my idea??

I have recently opened an account with St Tropez, bought the machine, tent and everything I need including solution. After doing a few tans mobile, I now realise my back is too sore to do this alot and I don't really have the time. So....I thought why don't I advertise for a trained spray tan therapist to use my system during the week, maybe two tanning parties would generate £120 each, therapist would keep £50 and I keep £70 per party, as I will be supplying solution and everything. I thought it would be a good way for someone to make some extra money a week and Im still making something from it too. I'm advertising on here in recruitment...wanted to see what you geeks thought of my idea??

I don't think anyone would take it up if they are trained already start up costs are not that high for mobile spray tanning. I know I wouldn't as I could book my own clients and keep 100% off the profits. I think I saw your add and it said therapist needed to book their own parties, if they are doing all the work then what's in it for them. Not being nasty just know that my set up was negligible on profits I make.

I think in theory it's sounds a good idea but when you think of everything involved it could be quite complicated!
This person will be using your equipment but how will you know that once they've finished the party that they're not taking it home and doing the odd client for themselves unless they did loads and you could tell from the solutiOn going down.
Plus are you contributing fuel? If the person has to take fuel costs out of their earnings it is definitely less appealing. What of you have a party enquiry that won't make £120, maybe only £80 for example, its even less worth it for the other person.
As above post said its not too pricey to set up on your own if tanning parties were something a therapist wanted to do. You might be better off trying to sell your stuff?

Latest posts

Back