am i being unreasonable to my dad??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say seeing that you have only met 4 times How would you feel if you were getting married and she didn't turn up. Would you feel offended or just accept it ? I always try to look at the other side even though your half sister's doesn't mean she would expect you to go. Do what you feel is right not what your Dad wants you to do.

bubbabinks said:
I was in exactly the same situation last year. Dont really know my step sisters as I didnt see my dad much through my teen years when my dad married again. He sort of brought them up as his own cos we wernt around.
When I got invited to the wedding I felt akward as I would only know my dad and step mum.
I did invite them all to my wedding reception but for my dads sake.
I just sent the RSVP back saying I couldnt attend and explained to my dad that I worried being there might pull attention away from the bride. He was cool about it, I think he would of spent the whole day worrying I wasnt being left out or feeling abandened.
I also didnt want to go because I was worried about comparing our weddings and who paid for what. I always say things like I dont care, it doesnt bother me but I knew it would. So in my mind I can picture a small wedding on a tight budget with just a little help from my dad.
Send a card, I'm sure your step sister wont mind and your dad will get over it.
If he says anything about your sister not going, just explain she's a grown up and you dont make her decisions for her.

I agree with bubbabinks, don't go do what is best 4 u and yr hubby - if your step sister wasn't yr stepsister but an aquaintenance who u had only met 4 times would u go the wedding? I wouldn't. Yr Dad might be upset now but he will come around.:Love:

LOL we did actually mention that we could say we broke down but then thought that if we did my dad would actually drive and fetch us!
anyway thanku all for ur replies i do feel alot better now, i sent my dad an email last night as it was still on my mind, i explained it all again to him and said it feels like he is pressurising me to go etc....
i got an email back this morning from him apologising, and he agreed that it is no big deal, that he just didnt want her to be upset, i did tell him that i will write her a nice letter.
so, hopefully, no more pressure! ive told him now, although i do have to tell him over andover sometimes before he listens! but at least he is now seeing it from my point of view.

thanks again guys, feel loads better!
xx

if all else fails, say you're going and then tell them the car broke down :)[/quote]

I would go right to the people that are getting married, your step sister and her husband to be and say that unfortunately due to personal circumstances we are unable to attend your wedding, however we both wish you the best of luck etc.

Then your Dad can't say anything to you. It's not his wedding it is theres and if they are understanding of the situation then your Dad has to put up and shut up as the saying goes.

nuttynikki said:
hi, my dad did offer to pay £50 for us and buy our drinks but we dont like to accept money off people! to me it feels like he is bribing us!!??

and i have just called my sis, she has now said she is also not going to go, saying they cant afford it either! OMG even tho i know she can! so now im gonna be made to look the 'baddy' and my dad will think im not being truthful.
yes weddings are a pain!
x
wot a mess

if money is the real problem and your dad is offering to help you then what is the problem? im sure your dad wants you there as you ARE a family now and this is a 1 time thing hopefilly for the briide and groom

Latest posts

Back