Am I missing something?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulineM-Mobile

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Newbie here!!!!

First off, I love Salon Geek. I've been reading for a few months now and I'm so pleased to find such a knowledgable and giving community.

I have a little quander??

I started doing beauty in '98 loved my job and decided to take what I felt was a caring profession to the next level and train as a nurse. I've been nursing now for 5 years, love it but feel there is more to my life than this. I've kept my hand in at beauty over the years (family/friends) and would love to be self employed doing beauty or incorporating beauty/nursing.

I'm searching for the answer. At the moment I think mobile beauty is my first step.

Does this seem right? Am I missing something, where my nurse training would benefit clients?

Ps. I've considered Botox , would never discourage it, personally or professionally, but it's just not for me.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

A x

I'm not sure what you're asking but if you're wondering whether being a nurse will help you in your beauty business, hell yes!
I'm a theatre sister by profession, then trained again as a beauty therapist in 96. I've been running a home based salon for the last 4 years.
My clients tell me they trust me because I'm a nurse, male waxing clients have no qualms about dropping their pants because I'm a nurse, and I have a higher degree of credibility as a result of it too.
I can't see how it couldn't help you, to be honest.

You have experienced both professions and now seem caught between the two! Perhaps working in a clinic or for a cosmetic surgeon would suit or maybe as a therapist in a hospital?

If you go mobile you will have to build a clientele and budget for this. Nursing will not harm you doing beauty and will add to your knowledge in lots of ways, but is not a necessary ingredient for an excellent therapist :wink2:. Reading this I wonder that you think the grass is always greener on the other side perhaps? I tend to think better to be great at one thing rather than juggling two.
Good luck with your decision.

Latest posts

Back