Am I owed a refund?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tia123456

Reaction score
I went to a freelance hair dresser and asked for it to be silver and for extensions. She told me it was a process so the first time she highlighted my hair and I left happy.. then a few days later she put the extensions in which were platinum blonde and my natural hair was not.. she told me that I did not need any more highlights after telling me it was a process I just needed to use a silver shampoo to make it silver. After one wash the extensions went purple.. so I went back to her and said they have turned purple so she told me to go back to her, she then went back on herself and said I needed more highlights and then bleached the ends of the extensions.. and told me to use the shampoo again only on the roots and to let the rest go down to the ends when I wash it out after apparently telling me to do this in the first place which I do not recall. Anyway the same thing happened again and my natural hair was a completely different colour to the extensions as the silver shampoo had not touched it but changed the colour of the extensions. So I went to get advice off another hair stylist who told me that my hair was way to yellow for the shampoo to work and that the extensions had lost the elasticity and are damaged from the bleach. So I have asked for my money back for the extensions which she charged me £500 for give or take 100 bonds. She is refusing to give me back my money as she thinks it’s my fault and does not give refunds. But in my opinion I have gone to her for a colour and she’s done half a job by telling me to use the professional shampoo advised by her which made the extensions not match my hair ..she has also damaged the extensions from the bleach so I need a new set as no one will colour them again in fear they will snap?? Who can give me some advice??

It certainly sounds a bit odd. Why is she saying it’s your fault?
You're not supposed to colour hair extensions as it usually invalidates any guarantee from the supplier so bleaching them is definitely not recommended.
Did you do any research before deciding to choose that particular hairdresser?

I’d start by putting your complaint in writing and explain that she has not provided the service that was agreed.
Ask for a refund and give her 7 days to respond.

If you’re not happy with her response, take it further.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/l...aking-legal-action/small-claims/small-claims/

Hello, she says it’s my fault that the extensions went purple because ‘it was done at home’ but in my opinion she has told me to do this to my hair to achieve the colour I wanted.
I had a look at her Instagram and she seemed like she was good.

I have put in a complaint to her and she has said she does not give refunds!

Thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back