Am I too expensive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry it's my thread lol x

I think thats slightly too expensive, not in general as extensions are not cheap. But to be making £100 profit straight away after just doing a few models, in my opinion, is a bit much. X

I have 20% off atm aswell to make it abit cheaper x

Do you think it would be better if I did a price without an aftercare pack aswell as with an aftercare pack? X

Do you think it would be better if I did a price without an aftercare pack aswell as with an aftercare pack? X

If your client paid for her extensions without an aftercare pack and used Vosene without any conditioner, would you refund her after 1 week when they matted up?

If the answer is no then I guess you could say that the Aftercare pack is an essential part of the service, and to price without it would be fruitless.

If your client paid for her extensions without an aftercare pack and used Vosene without any conditioner, would you refund her after 1 week when they matted up?

If the answer is no then I guess you could say that the Aftercare pack is an essential part of the service, and to price without it would be fruitless.

Good point x

I just don't know what to do to get clients :-( x

Have you thought about getting a job in a salon, maybe even part-time?

I'm not sure what your situation is, and forgive me for just coming out and asking it, but I have noticed most of your pictures (even with your own hair) are pictured in your house, so I am assuming you might have some issues with anxiety or something? Are you OK travelling to other people's houses on your own to do extensions, working in a salon for an 8 hour day or do you need people to come to you? Each of the above require a different form of marketing. Which are you OK to do?

:)

Have you thought about getting a job in a salon, maybe even part-time?

I'm not sure what your situation is, and forgive me for just coming out and asking it, but I have noticed most of your pictures (even with your own hair) are pictured in your house, so I am assuming you might have some issues with anxiety or something? Are you OK travelling to other people's houses on your own to do extensions, working in a salon for an 8 hour day or do you need people to come to you? Each of the above require a different form of marketing. Which are you OK to do?

:)

No I only have one person that I do in my house (a friend) I go to clients houses all the time I love it. I did have a little anxiety but that's almost gone now. I have worked in a few salons before and decided to go mobile. I don't have a problem going into people's homes. I love seeing their houses and their pets! Haha x

There does seem to be sometimes an over reliance on facebook by a lot who are starting up. Facebook is a great tool and we do use it quite a lot ourselves, but particularly for extension clients it doesn't ALWAYS attract the type who are going to be a returning long term client.

If you think where most of us search for anything (not just hair or beauty services) then I think it is essential to have an Internet presence aside from facebook.

If funds allow, then a well designed and optimised website is a great tool, almost a must if you want to build the business.

There does seem to be sometimes an over reliance on facebook by a lot who are starting up. Facebook is a great tool and we do use it quite a lot ourselves, but particularly for extension clients it doesn't ALWAYS attract the type who are going to be a returning long term client.

If you think where most of us search for anything (not just hair or beauty services) then I think it is essential to have an Internet presence aside from facebook.

If funds allow, then a well designed and optimised website is a great tool, almost a must if you want to build the business.

Thanks I think I'll get a website set up x

I don't do extensions but I am a stylist and personally I wouldn't get extensions/ beauty treatments or hairdresser from someone off Facebook, id like to see a very informative website and I'd compare a few locally.

Think who you want your clients to be??
And go and find them,

Get professional flyers made up and be picky where you distribute them.

Offer to do a few make up counter girls in frasers for example at a little more than cost. How many women do they see everyday that are interested in their appearance loads, give them some recommend a friend (or stranger) vouchers

Good luck

I don't do extensions but I am a stylist and personally I wouldn't get extensions/ beauty treatments or hairdresser from someone off Facebook, id like to see a very informative website and I'd compare a few locally.

Think who you want your clients to be??
And go and find them,

Get professional flyers made up and be picky where you distribute them.

Offer to do a few make up counter girls in frasers for example at a little more than cost. How many women do they see everyday that are interested in their appearance loads, give them some recommend a friend (or stranger) vouchers

Good luck

That's a very good idea! I am definitely going to design a website x

That's a very good idea! I am definitely going to design a website x

I done one recently on wix I was very stressed about it but soon got to grips with it, my domain cost £7 and website is £8 pm but I think you get a free domain with it but I had already bought it
So sort website then domain

I'm now very happy with it,

I have just booked in my first paying client! :-D x

Babychops, is this from setting up a website as advised??

Well done x

Babychops, is this from setting up a website as advised??

Well done x

No it's from someone who has seen my models hair. I am setting up a website now though x

Hi Babychops

I have read this thread and was wondering how is it going now? Have you managed to get more people? x

Hi, no I haven't gained any new hair extension clients. I am very busy with my hairdressing so I'm not really worried about it now. I have got the qualification so if anybody wants extensions I can do them x

You could always offer a service in with it at a cheaper rate than seperate? For example for a full head, you can get eyebrows done half price. The lady who does my nails offers eyebrow wax an tint in with a full set to work out cheaper :) seems to work well for her

Latest posts

Back