Am I too expensive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my prices were lower, the type of clientele I got were always quick to complain and moan. Now I charge more for the same hair, I get less problems as the clientele has changed.

Although, I am such a softie, if I know someone can't really afford them, I always cut my profit. I try and help girls out all the time, I hope word doesn't get round! Haha! I just feel guilty for taking a decent profit from people who can't really afford it. I know, I know, not a good way to run a business! 😄

I totally agree, I just give bloody extension brushes and bits and bobs out for free all the time too. Adding extra costs on top makes me feel like I'm trying to get more out of them. I need to toughen up too x

I am really struggling to get clients for hair extensions, I haven't had one full paying client yet! I have advertised on Facebook, iv done models. Can anyone think of any ideas to advertise? There is a girl in my area that has lots of clients and has be doing it for years so they just go with her. Help! X

Im in the same boat as you x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think the trick is not to be too expensive it's un attainable and not too cheap people assume you are rubbish. Practice on willing models for just hair cost, run competitions and get as many pictures and info about you online. Facebook is fab. Make sure they are that happy with their hair they post on your wall or tag you in a picture. Their friends may see and comment, and theirs etc. word of mouth is the BEST selling tool you have xx

I think the trick is not to be too expensive it's un attainable and not too cheap people assume you are rubbish. Practice on willing models for just hair cost, run competitions and get as many pictures and info about you online. Facebook is fab. Make sure they are that happy with their hair they post on your wall or tag you in a picture. Their friends may see and comment, and theirs etc. word of mouth is the BEST selling tool you have xx

I have done that already, a few of my friends have put status's up about their extensions and people have commented on how lovely they look, but still nothing :-( x

Keep at it Hun it will come. I always find I get quieter when the weather is better. Like next week I have just 2 fits and a hair up whereas the last couple of months I haven't stopped xx

I think thats slightly too expensive, not in general as extensions are not cheap. But to be making £100 profit straight away after just doing a few models, in my opinion, is a bit much. X

Initially, I didn't get many clients but I was determined not to lower my prices. For two weeks I lowered my prices and the calibre of person I attracted were scatty, chav, always complaining, common type of females. I had nothing but agro from them. I put my prices back to the original price and fortunately,I've had some lovely clients.

These clients pay the price and know that extensions is a luxury not a nessessity.

I really want to train in the tape extensions method now, a cheaper alternative for clients, I want them myself aswell lol x

Initially, I didn't get many clients but I was determined not to lower my prices. For two weeks I lowered my prices and the calibre of person I attracted were scatty, chav, always complaining, common type of females. I had nothing but agro from them. I put my prices back to the original price and fortunately,I've had some lovely clients.

These clients pay the price and know that extensions is a luxury not a nessessity.

Totally agree. If their not willing to spend the money in the first place then they are likely not going to spend the money on maintaining them.

I really want to train in the tape extensions method now, a cheaper alternative for clients, I want them myself aswell lol x

I've just seen the post from studio 58 on Facebook, certainly be interesting to see what the prices are like for both the training and the actual hair.

I've just seen the post from studio 58 on Facebook, certainly be interesting to see what the prices are like for both the training and the actual hair.

I'm very curious to see the prices as Well x

If you look back on facebook now we have just posted the prices we will be selling at :biggrin:

Training prices still to be decided.

If you look back on facebook now we have just posted the prices we will be selling at :biggrin:

Training prices still to be decided.

Great stuff, will the training be cheaper than the micro ring/ bond methods? I'm assuming so since a full head only takes around half an hour to fit?

Does the actual hair last longer than 3 months or will a new set need to be bought after the 3 months?

Great stuff, will the training be cheaper than the micro ring/ bond methods? I'm assuming so since a full head only takes around half an hour to fit?

Does the actual hair last longer than 3 months or will a new set need to be bought after the 3 months?

The tape training will be available as part of a 2 or 3 method course, not as a standalone course unless someone has already trained with us and they can come back for a half day course.

If cared for correctly hair will last 6 months.

If you charge cheap, you attract cheap!

Looking forward to training in tape hair :)

The tape training will be available as part of a 2 or 3 method course, not as a standalone course unless someone has already trained with us and they can come back for a half day course.

If cared for correctly hair will last 6 months.

So will that be as part of a micro ring/keratin bond course then? I've already trained in those 2 so would be a waste of time, although I've not trained with you.

So will that be as part of a micro ring/keratin bond course then? I've already trained in those 2 so would be a waste of time, although I've not trained with you.

We also offer nano ring and cold fusion.

Although if you have a recognised cert from another company you can come back for half day to do tape, just Studio58 students pay less to come back for half a day - but we only have space for a couple of people to do this on each course

Feel we have hijacked someone elses thread a bit here, so maybe send us a PM or email us if you need to know anything more x

So I will be able to come and train just in tape hair on a half a day course as iv trained with you before? X

Latest posts

Back