Am I too old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I am in the same situation and have to pay my fees which are £1,200 plus kit and uniform another college local to me was £1,800
We don't get any financial help at all
My college are letting me pay £300 per month for the fees rather than the whole £1,200 in one go

Yeah this course is £1,500 plus kit of £140 so gonna have to start saving if I get accepted lol ☺ x

This is really scary because at the moment I am just doing hairdressing and soon I am hoping to do this but hearing the kind of money that’s required, it’s massive for someone like me. I had to support my education myself too and now this much… I wish I had someone to take loan from! As Missy E said, it’s time for saving if we wish to have a future in this.

Hi guys, let us know how you're getting on! I'm really interested. You probably are aware by now that you will have to pay for L2 but you can have a 24+ loan for level 3 that you don't pay back till you're earning. I'm 47 & have just applied for L2 this September, I have my interview next month. Hope you're all enjoying it x

Yeah this course is £1,500 plus kit of £140 so gonna have to start saving if I get accepted lol ☺ x
Hi Missy E, I went back to college at 45 im now 50 got my own salon and loving every day! I did level 3 aswell so I felt more confident,and studied and practiced like mad, and still spend every spare moment on education,best decision ive ever made. Go to student finance at my college there was a programme for mature learners at mine. Its not work its passion :D

Never too old! I'm 39 this year and started my level 2 in a salon last year-unfortunately, it meant paying £1800 for the course as I went private, and when I qualify in June I'll be going straight on to do my level 3, which means more £££-it's hard, I have 2 kids with one having special needs, but it just makes me more determined to succeed

Never too old! I'm 39 this year and started my level 2 in a salon last year-unfortunately, it meant paying £1800 for the course as I went private, and when I qualify in June I'll be going straight on to do my level 3, which means more £££-it's hard, I have 2 kids with one having special needs, but it just makes me more determined to succeed
hi im 47 and I was going to go through a local college but finding my own salon placement is a nightmare, would you recommend saks or toni and guy instead and pay a bit more for the course? because at 47 im finding it hard to find a college placement

Latest posts

Back