American Academy of Dermatology | Adult Acne On The Rise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Boo hiss and bother. It turns out we’re not imagining it. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, our skin is actually getting worse and, what’s more, women are suffering more than men!

A 2011 clinical study reveals that a whopping 45% of women in their twenties are suffering from acne and 26% of women in their thirties are also suffering the curse of the breakout. And what’s to blame? Hormones. Grrrr…

Never fear though. Most adult acne responds very well to salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide so there is hope!

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• acne.jpg
    acne.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 597
I have suffered with acne since I was a teen, unfortunately for me, the creams, face washes and gels do nothing for me, even the antibiotics I take do nothing.... If anyone knows of anything else that may work, please tell me.
I use benzoyl peroxide face wash and cream/gel and can't remember the name of antibiotic, but neither are helping, it's worse around my cleavage, shoulders and neck :grr:

I have suffered with acne since I was a teen, unfortunately for me, the creams, face washes and gels do nothing for me, even the antibiotics I take do nothing.... If anyone knows of anything else that may work, please tell me.
I use benzoyl peroxide face wash and cream/gel and can't remember the name of antibiotic, but neither are helping, it's worse around my cleavage, shoulders and neck :grr:

The ultimate medical treatment is a powerful drug called Roaccutane.

The ultimate medical treatment is a powerful drug called Roaccutane.

This stuff is supposed to be the daddy of all acne treatments! I want some!!

It's got strong links to suicide tendencies. My bro in law takes it and he said its great but he does suffer with slight depression since taking it xx

Yeah it does have alot of side effects but you are closely monitored whilst on it. X

Oh wow I'd love to try this!! I've suffered from bad skin since my teens and I'm now early ( very) 40's. It's so depressing I have tried everything on the Market over the years and nothing had helped. I apparently have over productive sebaceous glands!! I soo hate having bad skin. If this works I'd give it a go!! X

I have just come off the pill after 8 years (I'm now 27) and am suffering TERRIBLE skin with my first real period in years. A spray tanning client of mine recommended the salayic acid and I've been using the Garnier active pure I think it's called. I can't say it helped a lot but it feels good to be doing SOMETHING!

I have just come off the pill after 8 years (I'm now 27) and am suffering TERRIBLE skin with my first real period in years. A spray tanning client of mine recommended the salayic acid and I've been using the Garnier active pure I think it's called. I can't say it helped a lot but it feels good to be doing something!

I was on the contraceptive implant, I was covered in spots on my back and cleavage area and more on my face, the doc said this was due to hormone imbalance and said to try removing the implant.... Hey presto no spots.

I know everyone's not got acne due to the pill but it's worth considering!

Dermalogica medibac range is AMAZING! I tried everything and my skin got worse and worse. After trying this my skin cleared in about 3 days. No prescriptions and no side effects :) as long as I keep with my routine my skin is clear, happy days!

Latest posts

Back