American Manicure??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caxtonsarah

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I have just come back from a new client who had a Gelish mani (and loved it) however she originally asked for an American Manicure which I know is a more creamy natural french look - however my client described it as 'blended' as in her tip was blended with a brush into the main nail colour!!!! I'm confused as to what she is asking for, I don't think she can mean American Manicure and I can't find anything online so i'm thinking it must have just been a funky thing that the technician did at the time.

Any thoughts or clues as to what she is talking about??

I think she might mean having a smile line that is feathered, not crisp. My mum likes this because she feels a crisp smile line is too stark for her.

With regular nail polish I use a small piece of makeup sponge (gripped with tweezers) and just sponge on the white. It's best to use a white with a lower opacity and build the opacity up as it gives a smoother gradient... but I don't know how you'd do this with Gelish...

Hth xxx

oooh yeah maybe it was a feathered american manicure then!! will have to get some make up sponge and give it a go with Gelish and see what happens - thanks

Latest posts

Back