Annoyed at friend over hair quote

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissD

Reaction score
I gave my friend a quote last week for her wedding hair and makeup (plus 7 bridemaids). The quote was VERY low compared to what other places would charge around this area. She told me she'd shop around because she thought it was a bit expensive....:irked: I wasn't even charging more than £20 a head!! Since then she has point blank ignored me and the situation. Don't get me wrong, she's more than welcome to shop around and see what other quotes she gets, but to ignore me and then not let me know either way is annoying me! I get the impression she'll now go and pay someone else much more because she won't want to admit that I was very cheap and doing her a favour......Sorry, just needed to rant!

Don't let it get you down, you gave her a discount and if she isn't happy, tough!! I had someone I knew try and make me drop my prices for a face painting party . No way was I going to do a 2hr party for the ammount she wanted to pay. I then saw the photo's of this other persons work and her table of paints, and to be fair she didn't follow the face painting code of conduct with clean brushes/paints. I felt better the fact I didn't lower my prices and she got what she paid for.

So chin up hunny, let your friend get on with being daft.

Thanks! I don't like things being awkward between me and friends but I keep reminding myself that if I lowered it anymore I wouldn't be covering any costs!
I've been batting the idea of putting my prices up anyway and to be honest this has gave me a bit of a kick. Damned if you do, damned if you don't! One sure thing....at some point someone won't be happy! At the moment, mostly my bank! :rolleyes:

Sorry - just to clarify, you described this person as a "friend". This person clearly feels you owe her and her entourage a massive freebie. Perhaps you should substitute the word "friend" for "user" in her case and go get some real friends who understand how to behave themselves.

Good luck

xxx jane,

Sounds to me like she may have been expecting a complete freebie. I have known people like this...they think they can have free treatments as a favour because they are friends. I say shes probably sulking.

It's her loss at the end of the day...she could have got such a great deal.xx

good for you though for not givimg in and going any lower!

What service does she expect for less than £20 a head I don't think she gets what it is you'd have to do to provide this service not even bringing into the picture travelling costs etc think she was after a freebie trust me you don't want to get stuck on that path I have a "friend" who only remembers me when her hair needs a cut and I always do it for free because I'm a soft touch
Maybe I should take my own advice
:) LOL

Wow. Some people are so sad. All my friends insist on paying full price. I can't imagine someone saying that to me. What a slap in the face! You've offered to discount her as a friend, and she says she'll shop around?

I honestly would not consider her a friend anymore.

£20 a head for make up & hair is very cheap! Round here its a minumum of £30 for make up alone! though newly qualified charge alot less.
I would have said i will do your hair & make up for free as your wedding present and only charge you £25 each for bridesmaids!!! sounds silly, but if people think they are getting anything for free they think they have a great deal!
I wouldnt want to fall out with her though if she was a good friend.
The wiccan rede...merry we meet & merry we part!
maybe shes been busy trying to plan other things for her wedding? stressing? maybe she needs her friend, not a beautician right now?
i would be inclined to call her/text ask how she was.how wedding plans were going? say its cool if shes choosen to go with somebody else. maybe shes just has dreams of a beautiful wedding day with all the trimmings , but had no real idea of what it would all cost? is now stressing? worrying?

or maybe im too soft?

I hope you dont lose a friendship, its always sad when that happens!

Latest posts

Back